• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.shintasoft.com Your Windows On The Internet ^_^

I kind of like your idea, you just need to work out with the looks, as some parts of the site are awful. Other than that, nice site

you can create larger images that will not kill you in file size. under 500k should be fine for most people as I am guessing most of your users will be on a cable connection anyway.

Those super small stretched gif's kill the entire look of the website in my opinion. IF you had a nice clean wallpaper it would make it look pretty sweet

Keep working on it, but like they're saying, while it is relevant to your theme, you should find a better image

you can create larger images that will not kill you in file size. under 500k should be fine for most people as I am guessing most of your users will be on a cable connection anyway.

Those super small stretched gif's kill the entire look of the website in my opinion. IF you had a nice clean wallpaper it would make it look pretty sweet

I know, but you guys can always change the wallpaper, it's not like that's the only wallpaper there, there's like 10 different wallpapers.

Looks a bit weird, but hey people are coming up with new technology stuff all the time. Good job.

the thing is that ALL the wallpapers you have installed are super grainy, distorted and detract from your idea. try a couple of higher res images with a file size under 500k and see what you come up with. what is the worst that can happen?

the thing is that ALL the wallpapers you have installed are super grainy, distorted and detract from your idea. try a couple of higher res images with a file size under 500k and see what you come up with. what is the worst that can happen?

Ya, the wallpapers are 640x480 scretched out, but then... people are already complaining the website loading slow, if I add bigger wallpaper like 1024x768 or 1280x1024, then it will increase the load time even more ^_^;;;

You see, the website might not load slow for you because your ISP might be very close with the webserver, but people from other country with high ping to the server will experience extreme slowness, I think about the overall picture, I didn't make the site for USA folks only, it's for international.

Well, this is suppose to be simulating Windows XP, so it's nothing new in terms of the GUI itself but in terms of web design. it is new, because it's not your usual operating system on your pc, it's a website, that is the important difference, it's a website on the internet and not your operating system for pc.

But anyways, it's actually very hard to do "truely" unique stuff, because we are the new generation which born after billions of people, so alot of stuff have been invented, like cars, airplane and stuff, but we improve on existing stuff to make our uniqueness. So if you say it's not unique and new, it's partially true and partially untrue ^_^;

Anywys, let's drop the subject and just stick to the topic about whether you like it or hate it, and give your opinions, thanks.

you dint need to keep defending yourself and keep justifying your beliefs about the site. it is your site, and if you are happy with it, then it is fine, but, when you put for review, expect criticism. i personally think it is sort of neat, but really pointless, and would never do something like that for a design, and i would never use a site like it cause it was sort of annoying at the same time of being neat. i give it a 4 out of 10

you dint need to keep defending yourself and keep justifying your beliefs about the site. it is your site, and if you are happy with it, then it is fine, but, when you put for review, expect criticism. i personally think it is sort of neat, but really pointless, and would never do something like that for a design, and i would never use a site like it cause it was sort of annoying at the same time of being neat. i give it a 4 out of 10

Ya, i'm pretty defensive hehe, but then again, I don't care about reasonable criticism like yours, but complaining about a pixelated wallpaper is really out of the scope of reviewing the actual design, it feels like they are reviewing the wallpaper LOL ^_^;;; you know what i mean?

That's brilliant man. I could have never even thought about creating that. I can't imagine how you coded that. It's so similar to Windows, it's like a copy of Windows inside your browser. I have to say when I opened your website in Firefox, my Firefox Window started to shake up and then it settled down, I thought your website was gonna do something to my computer...

Anywayz, good work you have done.

the reason for the wallpaper criticism is that it is in fact a HUMONGOUS portion of the design. it takes up the most room, is the most noticible and is right in everyones face. Not to mention with the wrong wallpaper you can barely see the icons and it detracts from the overall look. Take the advice for what it is worth, like I said before. give it a try

Only firefox have problem reading the text on the icon because firefox doesn't have advanced features like IE has, it doesn't even have activex support (I know there's activex plugin for firefox, but at this moment the plugin does not work with firefox 2.0, so firefox 2.0 has no activex), that's why the background mp3 music on the site won't work in firefox, simply switch to IE and you will have no problem listening to mp3 music and also reading the icon text no matter which wallpaper I use.

The wallpaper is easily replacable, but i don't want to change them just because few people don't like them, everyone have different taste, i can't possibly force everyone to like those wallpaper, but only ask to not to take wallpaper into account for the major part of the review, because this design is not about wallpaper, just imagine if it has no wallpaper, and review the actual site, ignore the wallpaper part, I'm tired of the wallpaper criticisms.

In which case, your going to lose those visitors who use FF and Opera, like me, you cannot expect them to switch over to a different browser. They will be turned away from your site, due to the fact it is not cross-browser compatible.

Make it viewable in all browsers. It's one of the first things you should do.

I agree with Avail, the design is interesting, but the low-resolution background make the whole screen look messy and hard to navigate. Kind of eye sore.
Change the background and it will be X200% better :)

In which case, your going to lose those visitors who use FF and Opera, like me, you cannot expect them to switch over to a different browser. They will be turned away from your site, due to the fact it is not cross-browser compatible.

Make it viewable in all browsers. It's one of the first things you should do.

It is cross browser compatible, it works for firefox, you just need to click and highlight the icon to see the text better, that's all, but I think that's firefox's fault cuz i'm not a microsoft hater/linux user, IE forever, firefox can't fuk with IE, firefox is only a small percentage of the browser market share, i blame on firefox's lag of features, i'm not the only website where firefox has problem with, i've seem many other sites that doesn't even work with firefox, has buncha errors and broken looking stuff, at least i made the effort to make my design at least work fine with firefox with no major problems, the problem isn't my design, it's firefox's lag of features and support, firefox is for simple web surfing, not for entertainment, when you go to a website with direct link to a wmv or avi file, you click on it with firefox, what happens? your firefox shows buncha scrambled codes and freeze up.

Last edited by a moderator:
So? Just because it's a smaller percentage than IE, it's still a reasonable Percentage. And, I use Opera, not Firefox. Make it workable for Opera and I will love you forever. I'm completelly confused on what it does, but meh. It sounds cool.

shinta I have noticed that most if not all feedback you have been given has been met with a large amount of resistance. The people here are not trying to bust your chops but help you out with a fairly unique idea and polish it off to something that is both usable and friendly to your clients/users.

most of the people here have been around for awhile and know what works and what doesn't. Try to take some of their advice to heart and get a good workable product and you will end up with a much more satisfying site

Wait a second, FF holds a 20% stake in the market!!!!!!!!!!

if you go in to bussiness thinking you can ignore 20% of your market, then you are going to fail. Fine IE is bigger, but who says its better, surely thats upto the user, and another thing, i would like to point out that from personal experience, in the market you are playing to ( the anime/gaming one) the FF figures are more like 40%.

if you choose a dark background, then everybody wins =)

Internet Explorer is actually losing market share.

Shintasoft, why are you even asking for reviews when you resist and ignore suggestions? You have to design your site for your users, not yourself.

But none of my users are complaining about the wallpaper, I just don't get why the wallpaper is such a big deal, it's only a wallpaper X_x;

Oh well... i'll figure something out... maybe no wallpaper... LOL

Back