• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Writers?

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
OK, this is kind of off the top of my head, so if you see ways to make things better, let me know. At my Site, I have a section dedicated to writing. I have my own little column, a column my friend Jamie writes for, and a guest column where anyone who has anything to say can send me a little something. The problem is, my site has been around close to a year, and not one person has submitted anything to me yet.

This is where you come in. If any of you out there have ever put any kind of rational though together and wrote it down, I'd like to hear it. I don't really have much to offer (maybe a banner link back to your site if you want), but the chance to have a place to showcase your skills and ideas can't be bad, can it?

So, now that you've read all this...is anyone interested?

If you have no luck in the near future I'm sure I could throw together the odd rational thought process to paper every few days.

You could give me a subject or i could just write whatever :)

Anything and everything...well within reason. I don't like hateful, bigoted type of things. I'd rather not get an essay on how great Hitler is, get my point.

Can I have my own weekly column? Just so I feel special. :p I'll write about poverty and starving children and cancer and racism and lots of stuff that matters, not fashion, I promise. :)

I say that all three of us write stuff, but we sydicate it, so that we can put all of it on our respective websites. That way we don't all work so hard for content.

Originally posted by bigperm
I say that all three of us write stuff, but we sydicate it, so that we can put all of it on our respective websites. That way we don't all work so hard for content.

Yeah, good idea, not that I can get into my site to change anything at the moment. :mad:

Anyway, so don't expect me to write anything funny. I'm bad at that, sorry.

wow. I should have thought of this syndication thing before. I'm getting writers left right, and centre now.

(anhedonia, if I'm funny, you're funny, so it's all good).

OK -- The syndication thing... we need to figure out how to syndicate. I say we have a site (I'll host it) that has a muti-user blogging program installed, and we figure out a way to let us all link to that.

Sorry, I am just about toasted right now.

I can fell the creative process working right now, 'perm.

Does Blogger support that? or are we gonna have to make up our own?

bigperm, do you mean like an <? include ?> kind of inclusion in each of your sites?

If so, just make a plain page that loads the # of blogs you want, dated and all. Then each person can use an include statement:
PHP:
<? include("http://www.bigperm.net/blog/fwsblog.php" ?>

...and include it in their pages. And maybe I'll contribute too, I don't mind writing.

Back