• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Would You Do Such A Thing?? WHY??

uzzer

What was the point in them cartoon of Prophet Muhammad PBUH?
What was the aim of Denmark and France?

Alot of people said to me, "so what, its just a cartoon, people are over reacting. so what if he has a bomb shaped turban?"
BUT, if i published a cartoon with Jesus or Moses looking like a terrorist what would christians and jews say??

i think Muslims didn't over-react. I think they should have boy-cotted every non-muslim product just to show the power Muslims have.

after having a discussion about world matters with my geography teacher, she said she was amazed at the fact that I can fight for every religion in the world, and not de-face Islam or any other religion.

I am just asking your opinion...

1) why do you think they did it?
2) what do you think their outcome was?
3) what do you think about the reaction?

and please remember. i am not here to discriminate against religions/groups. every religion has got truth in it. i am not saying that Islam is right and you are wrong. I am saying that if it was Jesus or Moses de-faced, te whole world would be disusted.
so please, tell me your views...

Firstly, what I would say to everyone is if you do not like what you see, exercise your freedom to not read the newspaper that have published these cartoons.

Secondly, I read somewhere or remember someone telling me that you cannot be insulted by someone unless you allow them to. The Muslim population should just move one and not blow things out of proportion.

Also, although we have freedom of speech, who gave us the freedom to insult and provoke people? Yes, people will say that it then becomes limited speech but no one has the right to do things like that which can emotionally hurt millions of people.

Finally, just to point out Uzzer you cannot produce those cartoons you were talking about because as a Muslim you must respect all prophets including Jesus and Moses.

ok, i respect your reply back. thank you.
BUT, if i was to call Hari Krishna a terrorist, then what??
I also believe there is a freedom of speech, but is that really shouting freedom??
ok, you said
Secondly, I read somewhere or remember someone telling me that you cannot be insulted by someone unless you allow them to. The Muslim population should just move one and not blow things out of proportion.

how did Muslims allow them to??
do you mean suicide bombings?? well lets see, the first ever suicide bombing in the name of religion - Crusades - Christianity.
christianity was the first religion to suicide attack. i dont see any criticism on them.

yes Jesus and Moses are the prophets of Islam too which is why i would not do it, but why, what do people want to achieve exactly by creating these kind of cartoons??

When I said you cannot be insulted unless you allow someone to, I meant as in mentally. Its like walking down the road and some kid starts to swear at you, you can always ignore it and move on.

but, can you?
this is a serious thing. because they havnt just insulted 1 person, they have insulted 1000's of billions from the past muslims to the present.
and the number is big because i have included the fact that they insulted dead muslims.

I can easily ignore it. I know what your getting at though, I also think it was wrong of these newspapers publishing these cartoons after all religion is the only thing that millions of people have to keep them from destroying themselves in this time of war and corruption.

Its like walking down a street and swearing at someone and then expecting them to not insult or hit you back because apparently your expressing your right to freedom of speech. Someone has to establish the limits of freedom but that contradicts the whole idea.

well, if i said all chriatians are terrorist on national tv, i will get done for it. but whats happening to denmark/france??

As a Moslem I just hate it when a bunch of fundamentalists overreact to such an extent that they attack the European embassies and force others to apologise by showing their guns and shooting in the air. This is not Islam. I am 100% sure that if the prophet himself were alive, he would not have reacted or shall I say overreacted as such. The prophet was subjected to worst kinds of humiliation by his people but he never punished them. If we Moslems feel offended, there are civilized ways to express that. If we are angry that we are portrayed as violent and terrorist by the West, this kind of uncivilized behaviour would just reinforce that idea!

A quote that I agree with!

you are right, Muhammed PBUH would have reacted in a different way, but, every Muslim knows they are dys away from total supression where they will not have a freedom to speak off.

uzzer said:
well, if i said all chriatians are terrorist on national tv

No, you wouldn't. Freedom of speech, freedom of press.

Christians, Jews, etc. all had their fair share of ridicule of their respective prophets. The Muhammed cartoons are no different.

Daniel said:
No, you wouldn't. Freedom of speech, freedom of press.

Christians, Jews, etc. all had their fair share of ridicule of their respective prophets. The Muhammed cartoons are no different.

Indeed, One source of tension between Muslim communities and the larger secular cultures that they tend to be part of are "offensive" actions, programs, advertising, etc. Things that don't offend the rest of society can be very offensive to Muslims - unfortunately, some proceed to insist that their standards should be adopted by all.

What is this all about? Did I miss something? Newspaper cartoonists have been "having a go" at anything and everything since time began almost. They are largely directed at people with a sense of humour.

oh, sorry. I think i logged into wrong board. Can you tell me where has free webspace forum moved ?

j/k

Issue is serious if you feel a cartoon can insult such a great figure and idol of worship.
I don't know much about Islam but I guess, he holds same place as Jesus to christians.
I don't think Jesus is so small that some newspaper, till date not known in world, would belittle.
Get over it. Prophet holds much higher place than you are trying to place him. He is not that small to get insulted by such newspapers.
On contrary, such advertisement and propaganda has insulted him more than a cartoon would have done.

Just my 2 cents.

Now I have to google and find where freewebspace forum has gone, lol

Thomas

Out of respect for any muslims on this forum that might be offended, please don't post the images to this thread. Google on your own if you wish to see the cartoons.

I live in Denmark.. And i think its Stupid that the Jutland's Post made those cartoons.. But the Muslims don't get that It was only one newspaper that did it. Not the whole of Denmark. So why do you blame the whole of Denmark?
*edit* Plus same Muslims burnt a danish flag! In my eyes that's just as bad.. But I don't blame ALL the Muslims just because same are bad..

Last edited:
There's actually been 12 such cartoons. I think this is just the one that got the most media attention.

Back