• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Where did the quality hosting go?

silenceimpaired

What I have
I am interested in switching to paid hosting. I am currently using www.atspace.com - pros' unlimited bandwidth, cons - 256kb file size limit, limits in scripting and most importantly periodically a page will not work and I will get their error page (as opposed to my own)

What I am looking for
I currently have a site where every file is under 256 kb, and you can browse the entire site for 965kb - so if I currently have 10 people a day visit it in a month I only need 300 mb roughly - so 1 gb- 5gb bandwidth and min. of 50 mb storage space should do well for me. Ideally I would love to only have to pay a $1 a month for this - any suggestions?

Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose.

Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose.

one suggestion, not on a host, but on looking for a package. Is you might want to look for a yearly plan with someone, Not many hosts will want to accept 1 dollar a month payments, esspially if using paypal becasue paypal charges a 33 cent fee for a 99 cent payment, so the host would only be making 66 cents a month. I recommend going for a yearly plan, or maybe raising your spending limit.

You might try doing a search of the directories out there. There are many hosts that most likely can help you, but for your price that you are willing to pay you may be asking for trouble.

Good Luck

I agree with the "trouble" comment. Do the math--no professional host will give hosting for $1 a month and survivie. That's a kiddie host price.

So I take it your saying I won't make it giving free hosting for right now? The host can make it as long as they know what their doing and can pay for the services.

These guys are ridiculous...

Think about it.... most of them JUMPED on offering the guy webspace, when he was merely looking for advice... just how desperate are we?

Misunderstood? No no-one was misunderstood... Customer Hungry Kiddie Webhosts looking to earn a quick $1 (.33 paypal fees) on a FREE WEB SPACE website....

And since when does paypal take 1/3 of transaction fees? Have any of you actually made sale? 33% Fees are for lawyers... geez...

$1 / month hosts won't make it? More crack to hand around on the internet...

I'm just waiting for all these companies to shut down so some of us can clean up and show some respect to these potential customers.... in the meantime... this thread is an EXCELLENT example...

The user sought out advice... he saw about 7 or 8 Hosts get their postings modified because they couldn't even "understand." Now the original poster knows, where to go, and where not to go.

Does anyone agree with me that there is some serious issues going on around here in the last two months or so?

hottweelz said:
These guys are ridiculous...

Think about it.... most of them JUMPED on offering the guy webspace, when he was merely looking for advice... just how desperate are we?

Misunderstood? No no-one was misunderstood... Customer Hungry Kiddie Webhosts looking to earn a quick $1 (.33 paypal fees) on a FREE WEB SPACE website....

And since when does paypal take 1/3 of transaction fees? Have any of you actually made sale? 33% Fees are for lawyers... geez...

$1 / month hosts won't make it? More crack to hand around on the internet...

I'm just waiting for all these companies to shut down so some of us can clean up and show some respect to these potential customers.... in the meantime... this thread is an EXCELLENT example...

The user sought out advice... he saw about 7 or 8 Hosts get their postings modified because they couldn't even "understand." Now the original poster knows, where to go, and where not to go.

Does anyone agree with me that there is some serious issues going on around here in the last two months or so?

hottweelz :God: Your response made my day!!!! I saw earlier how the thread was edited but didnt have time to make a response here. I totally agree with you on everything. The problem though is you see this type stuff in ALL the forums now and not just here. Its such an insult.

Martie said:
hottweelz :God: Your response made my day!!!! I saw earlier how the thread was edited but didnt have time to make a response here. I totally agree with you on everything. The problem though is you see this type stuff in ALL the forums now and not just here. Its such an insult.

Same here! I totally agree with your opinion!

And now all of the "customer hungry kiddie" hosts are going to agree with you. I've seen hosting companies here come down in one week and, quite frankly, the users of this forum are getting a pretty bad deal. 1000 MB for $1 isn't good. Maybe there should be rules about posting realistic offers.

Back