• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where can i get a a free forum but please dont give me ikonboard

OpenBB is one of the easiest BB's to install.

Download
Upload all the files
CHMOD lib/sqldata.php to 777
Run Setup.php :)

But to use OpenBB you must have PHP4 and MySQL

Do you have something against iKonBoard? :angry2: It seemed pretty easy for me to install, most of it was all automated. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Guess what? Ikonboard is the easiest of all the forums to install unless you want a WWW-Board.

Where is the best place to download a REALLY basic version of WWW-Board which requires MINIMAL effort to install... (I hate having to change variables etc!)

With regard to Ikonboard, I found it quite simple though I have had endless problems with it once installed (automatically logging you out after signing in)... The IB techies couldn't decide what was wrong, so I uninstalled...

- Aquatix

Check the YaBB SE.

Remember, not YaBB. I just checked it last night and it seems a pretty good one, although you need to spend a little time to get familiar with the admin panel.

http://yabb.info

Wow! Those folks over at phpBB sure are smart! They used a PERFECT site to host their page at, just so that I could not access their site! Maybe they knew I criticize board scripts to much and wanted to get it away from me. Anyway, can someone show me an example of an unmodified phpBB 2.0 board? If it's as bad as the first one, I think I'm going to throw up.

I downloaded phpBB - the "instruction" are terrible...

Compared to IB, its pretty ugly...

- Aquatix

Originally posted by Aquatix
I downloaded phpBB - the "instruction" are terrible...
What kind of instructions do you need? :confused:

You upload all of the files and then run install.php. You don't need to chmod or anything. Simple enough I think.

Compared to IB, its pretty ugly...

- Aquatix

The 1.x series, yes. PhpBB 2.0 is a much nicer board, both performance and appearance wise.
Anyway, can someone show me an example of an unmodified phpBB 2.0 board?
http://www.pso-online.com/phpBB/index.php (not mine) and of course the one at the phpBB site is too.

Mine is slighlty modified.

Back