• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where can i get a a free forum but please dont give me ikonboard

I don't understand why phpBB, which was 75% unoriginal before, would want to change it to make it 99.99% unoriginal (I'm giving it .01% because it's title "phpBB" is original). :confused:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Wow! Those folks over at phpBB sure are smart! They used a PERFECT site to host their page at, just so that I could not access their site! Maybe they knew I criticize board scripts to much and wanted to get it away from me. Anyway, can someone show me an example of an unmodified phpBB 2.0 board? If it's as bad as the first one, I think I'm going to throw up.
http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~learnall/phpBB2/index.php

PS:Copy the link into your borowser ir it'll give ya a fake 404

I don't understand why phpBB, which was 75% unoriginal before, would want to change it to make it 99.99% unoriginal (I'm giving it .01% because it's title "phpBB" is original). :confused:
I would rather choose a vB style than one which sux but is original. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Red Guy
You're right. :rolleyes: vB is the best followed by PHPBB2 then Openbb then wBB2 then Ikonboard.
I feel
PHPBB2 hard to install because of the DSN file which says critical database error when it isn't.

Originally posted by micze
www.alxnet.com

easy and free

LOL! Please don't make me laugh! That's one of the worst I've ever seen. It didn't even make the Top 20 in remote hosts...

Try Aimoo, for a good paid remote host, or UpperBoard Host. They are the best remote hosts, IMO.

Originally posted by cheatpark

Sorry ikonboard fans. I have to agree with phrozen. Phpbb is the best.

I haven't seen a single phpBB board that actually FOOLED me into believing that it wasn't a phpBB board. Obviously, it's not very customizable and the layout sucks in the first place. I'm not a big fan of the board. Even Ikonboard is better.

Obviously, it's not very customizable and the layout sucks in the first place.
Actually it is quite customizable. The entire forum can be edited through seom html templates. My forum is proof of that. It looks nothing like the default phpBB 2 theme.

Originally posted by Phrozen
Actually it is quite customizable. The entire forum can be edited through seom html templates. My forum is proof of that. It looks nothing like the default phpBB 2 theme.

If you mean this one:

http://forums.thaportal.com/

It took only one look to figure out that it was a phpBB. The header, the style, everything...it still doesn't look very flexible.

Back