• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

When was the first time you hooked up to the "information superhighway"

`95 Beta tester for the cable modem, god i loved kickin everyone's ass hehe everyone else was still using old ass 28.8 modems and shit haha!

I first got onto the internet in August of 1996. I signed on with the same ISP that I am using today! I was using an old crappy Mac Performa 6214 that I had bought the previous year. It had a 75 mhz processor, 8 MB of RAM, and a 28.8 *external* modem. That's a lot different than the 1.4 ghz PIV with 128 MB of RAM I just got yesterday.

I made my first website just a few months after. It's still there at http://www.nfinity.com/~mikeg .

1890..heck ya! lol.. kidding!

somewhere in early 1990s used to play Dave and Prince of Persia on an XT machine with 5.25 " disks..lol

somewhere in early 1995 when i had a 486DX-33 MHz with 4 MB ram and 256 kb Vga card. CD-Rom and Sound cards were a dream those days, but i had them. What i didnt had was a modem. But i borrowed a modem from my uncle (hes a computer retailer). It was an ancient USR 2400 Bps modem. I know at that time 28.8 kbps was available. But to me this 2.4 kbps modem was a lot! i used to connect to local BBS's and snoop around.

somewhere in 1997 i get my first net connection with my brand new ninja pentium machine. Yahoo messenger and Yahoo mail my very first used services. And even now. And oh yeah Internet movie databse (us.imdb.com)!!!!

Back