• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats your favorite HTML editor?

Originally posted by EvianWater
I'm using Dreamweaver to make my website. Should I use layers to build my site, or should I use tables instead?

Tables because they're easier to make cross-browser compatible.

My favorite editor is Power Point 2000...Very easy...
Also we can't forget Front Page 2000 for html editing.
Access 2000 is also very good for building databases for online stores.

[Edited by oregonian on 01-03-2001 at 10:41 PM]

My first was a freebie called Webford. It was pretty good too. Now I use Allaire Homesite, which works great. One problem is that it hogs all your resources.

Originally posted by Koolguy
What html editor did you guys start out using? Notepad for me :)

Ditto.

I didn't even know there was such thing as an 'HTML Editor' :p.

used to do all my pages in notepad, but now I'm working with Dreamweaver 4, works a lot faster.

Dreamweaver 4 is definitely the best !!!

Started out with Notepad here (real men, hehe :p)

Now use CuteHTML to start coding from scratch and copy the finished code to Dreamweaver 4 using templates. It's easier to keep all pages with the same style updated with Deamweaver, you can do that in one step, without having to edit each and every single one, which can be murderous. ;)

Homesite.

I do all my own codeing, but I don't like to have to save and close the file to view it like you do with NotePad. So I just use Homesite 4.5.2 to view/edit my codeing and preview what it will look like.

You didn't have to close the file in Notepad in order to view it!! All you gotta do is save it and then refresh or reload the file in your browser, and ta-da!

Back