• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats your favorite HTML editor?

I've just started to use HotMetaLpro... Good stuff and at only $60.

[Edited by jiminsd on 12-15-2000 at 11:51 PM]

I've gotta stick with Notepad... I tried NoteTab Light, but I didn't like it... and I've never seen the usefulness in Dreamweaver or other WYSIWYG editors... maybe I just haven't seen the light?

Lise

Originally posted by jiminsd
I've just started to use HotMetalPro... Good stuff and at only $60.

Isn't it called HoTMetaL Pro? :) Ingenious name, don't you think?

Anyway, I'd use Notepad, but it always freezes when I try editing large HTML files. So that's why I use EditPlus...

Originally posted by Lise
I've gotta stick with Notepad... I tried NoteTab Light, but I didn't like it... and I've never seen the usefulness in Dreamweaver or other WYSIWYG editors... maybe I just haven't seen the light?

Lise

They add a lot of useless extra code. :(

I use NotePad+, Notepad or sometimes I use my old copy of HTMLWriter which is just a text editor with a preview function.

WYSIWYG editors write crappy code. I have to spend more time cleaning up the code than it would take to write it in a simple text editor.

WYSIWYG editors write crappy code. I have to spend more time cleaning up the code than it would take to write it in a simple text editor.

I agree! FrontPage is the worst when it comes to this issue...

Just wanna add something: I use Dreamweaver mostly for large things (like really big tables) and do the rest in notepad.

I use Dreamweaver for editing HTML. I don't use it's WYSIWYG editing functions, just the HTML. I like it cuz you get an instant preview of your work. You can also find which table to put stuff in very easily by clicking on that table in WYSIWYG mode.

Back