• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What turns you off a host the most?

I wouldn't even consider a host if their website is badly designed or if they are overselling.

I have to say, support staff that speak good english, and who can actually help out is good. though I guess as I don't ask for to much support I would go by their reputation with people I trust ( even though it might be wrong ). :)

though I can see it is a scam, and I of course wouldn't trust a major oveseller, I personally don't mind a little overselling as I except that when used appropriately it is a marketing technique and not necessarily an indication that ill go wrong. :)

EDIT: plus we all sound like broken records on this issue :p

Last edited:
Again, I will say, the look of a host's website has nothing to do with the performance of the company themselves.
I wish people would stop judging a host by the look or layout of their website. It has nothing to do with how good or how bad the service is.

Definitely, but if the web site is professional still there are more chances that services are also professional.

Again, I will say, the look of a host's website has nothing to do with the performance of the company themselves.
I wish people would stop judging a host by the look or layout of their website. It has nothing to do with how good or how bad the service is.
How many professional web hosts you have seen with badly designed websites though? People are generally accustomed to first judge a host by it's looks. It has become a habit over the years.

If they cannot even spare some efforts to design a proper website, then I see no reason to trust them with my website. Not only do they have to be professional, they have to look professional. Otherwise, they would just chase potential customers away.

Just my 2 cents.

Overselling
Is on a Byethost reseller (Just can't trust them)
Bad support
Staff with bad English on a English host
Bad design (Shows they don't care about the host)

It's been a while since i've looked for shared hosting but :
  • Overselling
  • Poor/Outdated Design
  • Improper Specifiactions (IE. ResellerZoom.com offer VPS's but don't state how much memory you get, which is below appalling)
  • Hidden Charges (IE. you must transfer your domain to us)
  • Slow loading home page (worst of all)
:)

Back