• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What turns you off a host the most?

Cam.

Pro
NLC
What is the main thing that turns you off a host?

For me, It's if they can't speak English properly or their site is badly worded. What about you?

Last edited:
Both of what you said and the length of time it takes for them to respond to support tickets/e-mails. Anything over 24 hours is a no-go for me.

I also consider the look of their website. If it has crappy design, then I wouldn't trust them.

Slow response to support tickets. Downtime. I mean it's nice if the site is in good English and finished and all that, but that's a much lower priority than the product itself. My OWN website has nothing on it :p

When they resell for SaidCom.
I agree ;) After the problems a lot of people had with SaidCom (SaidHost) I can't believe someone could resell their services again...

Apart from that, I'd say slow setup time, badly designed site, high prices, slow servers.

As far as support goes, as long as it's a fast server, never down for long periods of time and that the account is set up immediately... I'd be happy since I don't really ask for much support unless there is a serious problem or a general question needing answered.

If there is no response-time guarantee, the host is new, and the site looks too "template-ey" - those are all turn-offs for me.

When they say they have 24/7 live help, and the live help isn't online :)

Or... when they resell for FDC (no offense, I love FDC.)
Or... if they have a private whois.

^^ That is interesting that you mention questionable prices, Reaper28. But I am a little bit confused - do you mean too high or too low?

^^ That is interesting that you mention questionable prices, Reaper28. But I am a little bit confused - do you mean too high or too low?

both, before i landed at Hostgator (i love to death BTW) i found some plans questionable with plans that had low (space/BW) for a high price (maybe smaller host) to Higher (space/bw) for lower price. maybe i'm still a noob in the webhost ---- with the prices but i found it weird and questionable

Oh well :p :fangel:

Biggest decider for me is the way they behave on hosting forums. If they are constantly nitpicking they never make my list. If they are generally helpful and answer questions without hinting at self promotion, they get consideration. I figure if they can keep their cool on a public forum, then support should be pretty good to if I needed it :)

Biggest decider for me is the way they behave on hosting forums. If they are constantly nitpicking they never make my list. If they are generally helpful and answer questions without hinting at self promotion, they get consideration. I figure if they can keep their cool on a public forum, then support should be pretty good to if I needed it :)

Resellers period. I buy only from the source - saves LOTS of headaches. Unless you buy directly from Saidcom which is still a bad idea :p

And Jan makes a very good point although I don't always keep my cool - that is why I pay a support staff that does :)

both, before i landed at Hostgator (i love to death BTW) i found some plans questionable with plans that had low (space/BW) for a high price (maybe smaller host) to Higher (space/bw) for lower price. maybe i'm still a noob in the webhost ---- with the prices but i found it weird and questionable

Oh well :p :fangel:

Reaper. HostGator are the ones that have the VERY "questionable" pricing, they oversell, which means they offer more than they actually can. It's a internet scam that is not yet illegal.

I wont stop until internet scammers all around the world are put behind bars for lieing to customers.

Back