• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what is reputation

stabme said:
it's their fault for not knowing to hover over the unusually small image with no marker or explanation whatsoever to find out a bleak, vague, and almost indescriptive message that describes whether the given user is helpful or not. :rolleyes:
Heh.

Even if people did hover over it, it doesn't really say much.

You're either "off the charts" or "on a distinguished road".

From what I can understand the reputation feature is one of several ways to promote people to a new member level. We have post counts and how long you have been a member. For instance with 50 posts you now get to have an avatar. Maybe if you have received a really bad reputation during your first 50 posts you don't get to have an avatar until your reputation improves or when you get to 100 posts. Just an example...

On the other hand if you gained a really good reputation with only 500 posts, maybe you can have a custom title and some other features that you normally get with 1000 posts.

It's as some of you have pointed out not easy to see which reputation other members have, I don't know why...

Bruce said:
You're either "off the charts" or "on a distinguished road".

There are 15 different levels by default in vBulletin, but the admin can rename and add or remove levels at any time.

Well which is better? And you def need something extra special for people who have been here since day one (like me!!!)

Also why is there only one pip? It's soo much easier to understand when there are several images depending on the rank...

WTF? How do I see who voted me? I thought it was annonymous and I went on a bad rep spree :p

P.S let me see who voted me!

Last edited:
It is anonymous, they can only see your name if you put it in the comment.

So the comment gets seen only with 1K+ posts?

Bruce, did I vote you good or bad? I forgot :p Hmm I only leave my name in good reps.

[add]I voted Bruce good and left my name. Just saw in AutoComplete. Everyone rejoice as I spreaded good rep. today. and how many reps must we give before voting the same guy again?

Who voted me good?

Last edited:
Meh... I really don't care either way with reputation.

I've been given enough bad rep. to last a while though.

Back