• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what is reputation

It's more useful on help boards. If someone posts a question and then I answer it, they might raise my reputation - because I was helpful - or lower it, because I was an ---. Other people could also then come along and say "wow! he was helpful!" and raise my reputation, or "what an ---!" and lower it. The amount of reputation YOU have determines how much you raise or lower others' reputation.
See? Stupid. It's every silly karma hack that no one has ever used.

You approve or disapprove other members posts. This can be useful for instance to spot people who engage in personal attaks or web hosts that spam. It could also be used to let members who post helpful messages and get a high number of points get extra benefits.

Not sure if it works as intended, but we'll give it a try.

notnamed said:
Reputation is stupid. I hope I can find the area where I disable it.

User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> Login & Privacy

Uncheck "Show My Reputation Level." I don't think that will stop people from rating you, but it shouldn't show the colored box.

I'd say give it a chance for a bit.

Call me a dumbass, but where can I view everyones reputation and/or comments about them?

I beleive you can read other peoples comments about your own posts only. That's available in your CP. Right now I don't think you have any comments.

Peo said:
I beleive you can read other peoples comments about your own posts only. That's available in your CP. Right now I don't think you have any comments.

Aw... doesnt that take the fun out of it :D

Honestly, this 'could' create a flamefest.

I don't think so cowax. I was just noticing, someone gave me some "good" reputation comments, but it doesn't say who sent it.

Sorry, I missed this thread before posting in the other one.

Peo has to enabled a certain option so you can see who sent the rep.

This feature will only cause more controvery, like post counts do.
In the near future it will be nothing but a flamefest.

Back