• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what do u think of my asterix site

obelix2000

took like 3 hours on PSP to make. so it looks ugly when its loading, but bear with it.

comments please? its my first real webdesign

Are we supposed to try and guess the url or were you planning on telling us?

Looks very good. its quite clean.

just a note that the text will be very small on larger resolution monitors. there are also a few spelling/grammar mistakes.

i'm an asterix fan too

great job.

the only bad comment is to make the text size larger, those who use the text size small in Internet Explorer using 1024*768 resolution can't be able to see the text.

thanks alot, and ill fix the text problem this weekend

oh, and is there any way to maybe make the loading faster for those 33.6k modem or 56k modem people? like somehow smaller file size graphics?

Sign the guesty if u want. and I know that my site is mainly an ASTERIX ROM site so sorry if I penetrated the rules of this board :eek:

Originally posted by obelix2000
oh, and is there any way to maybe make the loading faster for those 33.6k modem or 56k modem people? like somehow smaller file size graphics?

i understand about the 56k, but who uses 33.6k anymore?!?! the last time i used it was about 3yrs ago!

understand about the 56k, but who uses 33.6k anymore?!?! the last time i used it was about 3yrs ago!
Actually, in most really rural areas, a 33.6k modem will unquestionably outperform a 56k modem. With poor phone lines over long distances, a 33.6k modem will have a chance at getting upwards of 30k, whereas a 56k modem might not even break 20k. The way the two modems work is quite different. The 56k modem is fastest on quality, new phone lines. The 33.6k is much more versatile, it can get relatively good performances on two stands of copper nailed to a tree.

Before the ice storm here, I used a 33.6k modem because the speed of 56k was simply not acceptable. After the storm, however, when all of the phone lines were torn down and had to be replaced, my 56k modem went from the dismal 15k range to nearly 49k (my top speed of all time has been 53.3k).

I'm sure a lot of people still use 33.6k modems for one reason or another.

no. it is still illegal. do you own all the cartridges? even if you do, obviously you have had the rom for more than 24 hrs.

I really dont see the big deal. chances are your host wont ever notice unless bandwidth usage is high.

i c

what does my site look like in different resoloutions to 800x600 (all my comp handles - lol)

on my STATS, most ppl use 1024X758 or 1200 something

Back