• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what do u think of my asterix site

This is insane! You have 404.4kB of images on that page and it loads fast and on f2s too. How come?:eek:

I too like your page. Looks real nice. :)
Only objection is that the font for "A word from the Webmaster" part is way to small. size="1" is hardly readable. Couldn't you make it size="-1"?

Yes, they do. But it was the first time I was there and 300kB just -wooosch! I mean, that's BIG! :eek: :confused:

Hey obelix2000, I couldn't resist to run a quick optimizing on your picks. Hope you don't mind. :eek: They went from 391kB to 203kB. I haven't really checked if they all turned out well though.
I've PMed you a link in case you want them. Check your inbox. ;)

thanks alot, it means alot to me that u have taken the time to do that. :)

as for Caching, (sp?) i just went to my site on netscape (never opened netscape for months) and the site loaded pretty dam fast, espcially for my 33.6k

and now with the optimised pics from meow :)o) it should load even faster

I have looked now. Maybe the big one with Obelix is too crunched. :cry2:
Ya know, some of them would be smaller as .jpg.

But if the host is cached...It doesn't matter what browser you use to view it, does it? Because you've already viewed it on your computer?

I'm not sure about this though :).

No, not the browser cache. f2s caches pages on their server. That's supposed to make them able to serve them a little faster next time some one requests them. They have done that a long time and still been slow...:confused2

Wow geezus that's blazing fast! Which server are you on?

BTW that's a very very nice design. Good work!

^^
f2s.com

my last design took SO long to open on F2S

i guess they like me

oh and it used to take like 3 days for the changes to take place when i updated, but now its instantious

Originally posted by meow
No, not the browser cache. f2s caches pages on their server. That's supposed to make them able to serve them a little faster next time some one requests them. They have done that a long time and still been slow...:confused2

Thought so :D

Back