• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What can I do for this company?

Does anyone have statistics on how long new web hosting companies last? How many make it past a year?
Unfortunately many disappear in less than a year along with their customers sites and money. As TheNetCode said, this is often because of poor planning but also because many are run by school students trying to make a few dollars on the side.

What about free hosts? I heard they last 1-3 months??
I'm not sure what the statistics are with regard to free hosts, but unless they have some way to make money other than charging for hosting (ie. running ads on hosted sites) you can expect them to disappear pretty quickly.

hey junz, im the new owner i guess you can say of servefast. We purchased them out late last month. Most of our things are now fully converted to us. what was the problem, as im seeing here. and from what I have read from the TOS of servefast was, you got screwed badly, there tos claimed they didnt offer any money back garrentys at all, and once you talked about a refund your account was ended without a refund.

as for me now running the show, id like to know what sort of plan you were on, and possibly i can get you an account setup free of charge, to compisate for the lack of unpoffesinal work witch was shown by your previous company.

If that cannot be done,then unfortunally i cannot offer you a refund, esspecially at this time, however I would be more then glad to have you order our plans at a discounted price or something like this.

Sorry to hear you were screwed over by them, this really makes me wonder why he was so egear to sell off.

Again sorry about your losses, and hopefully we can make something up, to fix this problem.

Junz, I agree with others. Paypal will go to the bat for something like this. You never go with a company who doesnt have some sort of money back gurantee. If your paying through paypal. Make sure they send you their verified link. If they won't then stay away from them. Do extensive research on them. It does pay off.

Regards,

servefast said:
hey junz, im the new owner i guess you can say of servefast. We purchased them out late last month. Most of our things are now fully converted to us. what was the problem, as im seeing here. and from what I have read from the TOS of servefast was, you got screwed badly, there tos claimed they didnt offer any money back garrentys at all, and once you talked about a refund your account was ended without a refund.

as for me now running the show, id like to know what sort of plan you were on, and possibly i can get you an account setup free of charge, to compisate for the lack of unpoffesinal work witch was shown by your previous company.

If that cannot be done,then unfortunally i cannot offer you a refund, esspecially at this time, however I would be more then glad to have you order our plans at a discounted price or something like this.

Sorry to hear you were screwed over by them, this really makes me wonder why he was so egear to sell off.

Again sorry about your losses, and hopefully we can make something up, to fix this problem.

If you take over a company you also take over the clients and the conditions.
So you have to refund this user if he wants a refund, as the company stated they have a moneyback guarantee.

NevaCious said:
If you take over a company you also take over the clients and the conditions.
So you have to refund this user if he wants a refund, as the company stated they have a moneyback guarantee.

I concur. You took on the whole responsibility.

When you take over (buy out) or (inherit) any company at all. You automatically from the time you are the new owner take the responsibility of everything that is going on at that moment and in the future. There should be no reason you can't refund him the money he paid. Your "new" company should have the funds in it to do such things. If not, then you shouldn't have taken it over. It just gives your company servefast a bad reputation.

Regards

this order was done after we had already purchased the clients. hence its not our client. however since it was under a name that i now own i want to try to help. however at this time refunds are not makable..

Duport said:
You can add that story to all of the others, he sold it to himself. Servefast.net website was suspended a
few weeks ago. You can read this: http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74748

not sure what this about, duport? Im not understanding were you got this information about selling something to myself but its false. Yes we had suspended the clients domain when we purchased the site, so he couldnt make another sale, as he has done here..

the link you have refered to, is regarding the purchase of the company, witch LPservers wanted to know, and now we are working toghter on a few things.. so im not sure how this says that I sold something to myself, I would please ask you dont refer to things that you have no clue to, and please mine your own bussiness on things your have no real information over. As it only cause headaches for the whole forum community,

Thanks

servefast said:
this order was done after we had already purchased the clients. hence its not our client. however since it was under a name that i now own i want to try to help. however at this time refunds are not makable..

Refunds are not possible? Wow , is your financial position so weak? :s

The client is a client of your company and you have to follow the TOS of your company, if the client ordered and they agreed with giving him a moneyback guarantee , you will have to follow this up and refund this client, otherwise he could harm your reputation.

Last edited:
You even said yourself servefast that the order was done AFTER you purchased the clients. Hence making it your client. If your financials are so weak to where you can't make a refund to someone then you need to step down as owner. I think everyone needs to avoid this shady business.

Regards,

Let's say he really bought it,
Let's say he really has no Operating Capital
Let's say he's learning a lesson right now.

We were all new at one point... I would seriously at least find out how much he is owed and try

no, i have enough money to refund, but hes not a client of mine, he became a client of someone that had no company. still saying he was under my name.

However refund i can do, but not going to as hes not our client at this time, All im willing to do is help him out.

Well if he got an account with the other guy and if they account was some how created from the other guy underneath servefast company name than technically speaking he is ur client. I said it once, and I will say it again. I would stay clear of this host and junz just file a complaint with paypal.com

Regards,

There are quite a few posts in this thread. This is how I understand the situation:

1) servefast recently purchased clients from another hosting company (rather than purchasing the actual company?)

2) The order in question was made after this transaction was carried out.

3) The account was not sold by servefast, but by the owner of the host they bought the clients from.

Is this correct?

servefast said:
not sure what this about, duport? Im not understanding were you got this information about selling something to myself but its false. Yes we had suspended the clients domain when we purchased the site, so he couldnt make another sale, as he has done here..

the link you have refered to, is regarding the purchase of the company, witch LPservers wanted to know, and now we are working toghter on a few things.. so im not sure how this says that I sold something to myself, I would please ask you dont refer to things that you have no clue to, and please mine your own bussiness on things your have no real information over. As it only cause headaches for the whole forum community,

Thanks

So if you brought servefast surely you have a website.

You are using the same MSN address, email address as the old servefast, you still spell which
wrong, you still spell and write the same as the old servefast

You purchased a very unorganised company I guess.

"ServeFast Corporation is a 5 year old company"

Back