• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What can I do for this company?

junz

What can I do to this company?

Hello everyone, here's my case.
I purchased a reseller account from someone (if people think it's their fault then I'll post the name), they said they have 30 days money back guarantee, so I paid them via paypal.

In the first a few days, I didn't find out there was any problem, later some of my friend (I opened a few accounts for my friend to test the hosting) told me there was some problem, and I tested by myself and the problems are real. I searched from many sites, and the answer I got was because of the configuration of the server. So I emailed the salesman, as I didn't know what's their tech support's email address. He said he would forward to the techs.

About three weeks time, the problem still there, and I sent over ten emails to this salesman, his answer was always like he didn't understand my problem, or techs were working on it. I couldn't stand it, and it's nearly going over the 30 days money back time, so I emailed hime to refund me.

At first, he said he couldn't refund me because they didn't have any fault. But later he said they would think about refunding me, and my account would be terminated due to the end of the month (end of August).

Last week, they suspended my account and send me an email said my account was terminated, didn't mention the refund thing at all. Then I sent an email back to ask about the refund, their answer was just repeating that they told me my account would be cancelled first.

Please everyone, is there anything to get my money back?

Last edited:
30 Day Money Back Guarantee equates to your satisfaction...

At least that's how I do it from my own company. If a customer is unsatisfied within the 30 Day time, (FOR ANY REASON) they are entitled to a Refund.

You'll want to specifically read their TOS in case it's different.

Do you have access to the Terms Of Service... if you like you can PM me the Host Name and I will look through it for you.

30 Day Money Back Guarantee equates to your satisfaction...

At least that's how I do it from my own company. If a customer is unsatisfied within the 30 Day time, (FOR ANY REASON) they are entitled to a Refund.

You'll want to specifically read their TOS in case it's different.

Do you have access to the Terms Of Service... if you like you can PM me the Host Name and I will look through it for you.

Yes June, It would be better to publish their site etc ...

That's very nice of you, but the problem is I don't even know where their site is....I contacted the salesman via MSN.

You might find the site in the name servers that you had to change if you had a domain hosted with them.
Anyone company that doesn't have there msn as something like support@companyname.com and has a hotmail address is dodgy!

BEN-MR

Servefast was sold to Raptor from what I understand. As for doing business that way not a good idea.

Servefast had some issues that were not exactly satisfactory. From what I understand though the new owner is trying hard to make things right for those that were still with Servefast when they bought it. Try to be careful as some of hosts are run by younger folks who are not exactly should we say able to run their business the way it needs to be run. Although I have come across a few that are quite good. Good Luck.

Servefast was sold to Raptor from what I understand. As for doing business that way not a good idea.

Servefast had some issues that were not exactly satisfactory. From what I understand though the new owner is trying hard to make things right for those that were still with Servefast when they bought it. Try to be careful as some of hosts are run by younger folks who are not exactly should we say able to run their business the way it needs to be run. Although I have come across a few that are quite good. Good Luck.

Thanks for your information, I just want my money back, other things about these two company are not interesting for me. BTW, anyone knows how to claim as a client? I couldn't find the related information. Thanks.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Paypal does not recover money for intangible goods... you should contact the Credit Card company linked thru paypal (assuming you paid that way)

Paypal actually will go to bat for you on something like this, but as ServeFast is no longer around you most likely are not going to see your money. It is possible if he still has an account, but you have to start the process via paypals complaint department.

In order to send money in Paypal you must have some sort of account linked... even if you have a balance in paypal, you are not allowed to SEND money OUT until they have verified you buy adding a credit card or bank account...

You should login to paypal and look around the "Profile" area to see.

hottweelz said:
In order to send money in Paypal you must have some sort of account linked... even if you have a balance in paypal, you are not allowed to SEND money OUT until they have verified you buy adding a credit card or bank account...

You should login to paypal and look around the "Profile" area to see.

Thats not true you can have an unverified account which means you don't have to link anything to it and you have a sending limit but you can still send money.

OK Cool, I always thought the sending limit was $0 until you hooked something up... it's been years for me since I've had a non-verified account though.

hottweelz said:
Unfortunately, as far as I know, Paypal does not recover money for intangible goods... you should contact the Credit Card company linked thru paypal (assuming you paid that way)

No. Paypal can cancel the transaction if the person where you send the money is a verified member. Other way it will be difficult to get it back and it will take time to investigate.

"""NEVER PAY BY PAYPAL TO SOMEONE NOT VERIFIED. ASK THEM TO SEND YOU THEIR VERIFIED LINK."""

TheNetCode said:

You can add that story to all of the others, he sold it to himself. Servefast.net website was suspended a
few weeks ago. You can read this: http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74748

That is a new one and good information than. The talk on other website forums was that he had sold to someone else. Glad to find that out and be able to warn others of his idea of customer service. Thanks for the heads up.

Kevin

Back