• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ukdreamhost.com? Anyone use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't expecting anyone to jump and trust me. There is nothing to prove and you are opening a can of worms. I strongly recommend that you stop your personal attacks.

I do not see that as a personal attack. It is really a response to your claims.
While being in business for only a few months does not mean you will not last, the fact is most hosting companies fail in the first year. I can understand a requester wanting a company that has been around for over a year, that specification greatly increases the odds the host will be around in another year. I am not saying your company is likely to fail soon, just that 8 out of 10 companies do fail in a year. I am making general statements here and I am not directing them towards any one company, so I hope no one takes this as a personal attack. After all, every company was young once.

Patrick,

You are completely right. However all of his comments were directed towards me which made it a personal attack. I do not mind it just as long as it doesn't cross the line ;) . Anyways this thread is getting way off topic.

Patrick,

You are completely right. However all of his comments were directed towards me which made it a personal attack. I do not mind it just as long as it doesn't cross the line ;) . Anyways this thread is getting way off topic.

He gave me bad rep so he must have pointed at me too.

That I did. The fact is I have seen EClouds already threaten to sue someone over how the css file was highlighting lines and shortly after, I noted the post I made about that was deleted. Now Dan feels the need to defend. It is not an attack on either of you but I think Dan is allowing the fact he has a vested interest in the hosting business possibly obstruct his view of this as an outsider.

My point is you can't step in here and yell the loudest and expect respect. You are asking for respect from people that have either been running this sort of business or worked in this industry for close to 10 years. I don't know your background and I am not discrediting you in particular. I am stating the obvious, let your reputation in the business speak for yourself. In October of '08, open this thread up and reply. Until then, my opinion will stay the same.

I am not even going to comment on "that line being crossed" because I think it's hilarious.

In addition. I don't know if the rules have changed here since Dan has been added but I must say that all of the other time I have been around...I haven't seen an actual host be a mod for this sort of reason. It preferential judgement and from your previous post, want to clearly stir the pot.

Last edited:
What does an old thread have to do with this I don't quite understand? You want to talk about old threads? I have found some interesting ones.

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2177410
and of course
http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2183812

Dan is not taking any sides, he is actually expressing his own opinion.

"I am not even going to comment on "that line being crossed" because I think it's hilarious."

Think what you want. You are not the only one laughing right now ;)

I don't know what I did to you but you seem to have some hate against me which is perfectly fine. It actually proves my earlier point. Don't bother replying to me I will not be reading or replying. On that tone, good day to you.

Last edited:
What does an old thread have to do with this I don't quite understand? You want to talk about old threads? Well then perhaps this one will shed some light on you to everyone who is reading this. http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2177410

Dan is not taking any sides, he is actually expressing his own opinion.

"I am not even going to comment on "that line being crossed" because I think it's hilarious."

Think what you want. You are not the only one laughing right now ;)

I don't know what I did to you but you seem to have some hate against me which is perfectly fine. It actually proves my earlier point. Don't bother replying to me I will not be reading or replying. On that tone, good day to you.

First rule: Read the thread before throwing dirt. Specifically: http://freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=905603&postcount=48

Both have been resolved. Let's get one thing straight... You have been in business less than 5 months. Do all the digging you like because you won't find customers complaining about us. We have had a rocky past, you know why? Because I was in IRAQ for 7 months during which time my business suffered. We didn't go away but the management wasn't where it should have been.Are you even 18? I don't think you have a clue when it comes to business and the fact that you don't throw this sort of thing back in a companies face without investigating.

You don't want to play this game. I promise you.

Last edited:
First rule: Read the thread before throwing dirt. Specifically: http://freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=905603&postcount=48

Both have been resolved. Let's get one thing straight... You have been in business less than 5 months. Do all the digging you like because you won't find customers complaining about us. We have had a rocky past, you know why? Because I was in IRAQ for 7 months during which time my business suffered. We didn't go away but the management wasn't where it should have been.Are you even 18? I don't think you have a clue when it comes to business and the fact that you don't throw this sort of thing back in a companies face without investigating.

You don't want to play this game. I promise you.

You sure are entertaining. I can assure you if I was under 18 I would not have been able to register my business and once again you are throwing in useless information in order to "defend" yourself. Your threats have absolutely no effect on me whatsoever. I don't want to know why you had a rocky past and you aren't going to gain any pity on my end. As I said before, good luck to you and stop flaming. Thank you.

Last edited:
Then why did you throw it out? Why did you bring it up? Because you didn't read the thread.

It will work itself out in the end...

Last edited:
And he still posts.....
I was going to add alot of stuff to this thread.. The mods can see it But I decided to remove it becuse its taking this thread to offtopic...
Something your really good at serverorigin.....

Anyway on to ukdreamhost In short DONT use them there nothing but trouble as Iv heard from many people since they opend.

Please keep this discussion about ukdreamhost and stop attacking fellow members of the forum. It doesn't look good on you and your company when you do that.

As for Dan and hosts being moderators:
We've had moderators who've been hosts most of the time of the forums history starting with Webdude. That brings the perspecive of hosts into the moderating team and I think that's good. I don't see any reason to complain about Dans actions here.

As for bad rep:
The reputation system is intended for you to only -rep posts that you find to be very abusive and +rep posts you find to be very helpful or well written. If you just disagree with something someone else said that's not a reason to -rep. It's not intended for you to revenge on someone. If you abuse the reputation system you will get an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back