• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ukdreamhost.com? Anyone use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogma

Hi all

Just wanted your opinions about this host ukdreamhost.com
Does anyone here have a site(s) hosted by them? Are they a dreamhost reseller?

Their offer seems to beat some major hosts. Your thoughts.

They are nothing to do with dreamhost, they are just using their name to get more sales.

In fact, in a few months (if they are still around) I bet dreamhost will be taking legal action against them.

They also oversell to high hell and use a ripped template that looks like... Well... It looks like roadkill times 100.

All in all, I would avoid them. Go with a real host.

Can't argue with you. But if they had a more professional site then I would have signed up by now. The offers are very tempting.

What makes you so sure that dreamhost will take action? Have you seen it before?

I wouldn't ever go near a host like that, and they're the uk version of the us dreamhost? Their prices should be a lot higher considering the prices of bandwidth in the UK isn't as cheap as other countries.

lolz

anyways... just do a quick search for them on the webhosting forums. You can get the reviews there. However, if you do not get good/many reviews... time to search for a new host.

Lea!

Their server is located in LT's datacenter in Texas. So much for being UK servers... I strongly agree with Richard - avoid them.

Can't argue with you. But if they had a more professional site then I would have signed up by now. The offers are very tempting.

What makes you so sure that dreamhost will take action? Have you seen it before?

I would highly recommend avoiding the temptation for opting for an overseller if you have a serious site, especially at the level these guys are overselling...

Beware everyone

I really regret having not searched the forums about them. In July I got hosting from them for 29.99 . Everything seemed fine at first despite the occassional downtime. Well since mid September 2007 my site has been down, their site was down for a couple of days as well. The really bad news is I have tried to contact them through every conceivable way but have had no luck, tried email, phone. My site is down and I can't even transfer the domain name to another host as they had registered it. Talk about tough luck. Guys stay away form these hosts. Beware!!!!!!!!

Yep.

They signed up for an IRC server with us and the owner tried to keep sending emails asking if we would activate it and he would pay when he got his check. Real serious business... those guys.

The length of time a host has been open has absolutely nothing to do with how well they perform.
It's beginning to get to me how most people here downgrade a host because they have been open only a couple months or less than a year.

The length of time a host has been open has absolutely nothing to do with how well they perform.
It's beginning to get to me how most people here downgrade a host because they have been open only a couple months or less than a year.

Exactly what ticked me off when reading this thread as well. Like i mentioned previously we started in May of this year and are probably doing better than companies that started 2-3 years before us. Like you said, it doesn't mean anything. :wave:

Say what you will but being in business more than a year in the hosting business is far fetched for 80% of the hosting startups.

I don't know if either of you have been thoroughly reading these forums but I can tell you that if you want to know why we judge by length of time, ask Jan. She has seen as many of us have just how many hosting companies startup almost every other day a new one shows and almost every other day you hear how they ran off and haven't said a word.

If you are doing great, then good....But don't expect everyone here to jump onboard and trust that you will be around. Prove it. Then talk about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back