• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Trial: 90mb Space / 9GB bandwith month / Fantastico / 90MEGS.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will never put ads on any webpages, and we plan on being around for a long while.

Regarding switching from a subdomain to domain, we would probably have a small fee (a couple dollars to do that) as we have to do it ourselves, it isn't automated. You can signup with an existing domain at no extra cost, just switching it would cost a little. Or, you can simply just make a new user account at the site for your domain name =).

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I just spent 30 minutes on my last...

I just spent 30 minutes on my last post just to have some local white haired middle age over the hill mentally retarded moron IT person lose it to oblivion.
It wasn't even about the local grey white haired middle aged over the hill mentally retarded moron IT person in charge of local internet connections in the first place. It was about how I liked this one company despite their fibs about what they offered and, hosting domain names with Cpanel.

Sorry about that last post. I was just venting my frustration.

It's call venting in America. I was just minding my own business when they blocked my access to this website with a "SERVER NOT FOUND." error when I tried to submit my last post about the free hosting companies that I dealt with before. They did it again. I just tried to post. You could complain to the ip company. My ip is 198.245.131.5x.

Last edited:
Anyways...

I was trying to say in the first place that webspace.com's control panel allowed me to start with a subdomain first. Months later I added a domain name. Can C-panel do that? Sorry, about the earlier post. I've had a rough week. Some idiot stole my clothes from the condo laundry room apparently thinking a PVC coat was actually a leather coat. LOL. It's a coat that only an East Euro would love or, a really dumb pot smoking liberal who drives a blue Postal van. Sorry about things this place is closing in a few minutes. Bye

oooops

givemeplain said:
Hey,
I started http://www.90megs.com with a partner yesterday. We have around 7 servers secured for just this website to offer free and paid hosting. We have estimated and we can fit around 10,000 free accounts with our current plans, and around 5,000 - 7,000 medium sized accounts.

We are currently moving servers (should be done by tomorrow) so some accounts you make today may be lost. However, we don't expect to have any downtime and we own the domain and whatever.

What Free Users Get

- 90mb storage
- 9gb bandwith
- cpanel
- fantastico
- 5 mysql databases
- 10 email accounts (working on it)
- 1 mailing list
- ad-less
- banner-less
- popup-less

We are also looking to secure around 4 more domains for the site so people can choose a better subdomain than just '90megs.com'. You can currently use your own domain or get a subdomain from us for free (we don't have domain registration yet).

Since we have only been around a couple days expect updates later. We would really appreciate any info / comments you have on our service. The servers are pretty fast and should accomodate you!

-- Trial in topic title doesn't mean free acounts are limited timewise, just means we are trying out free hosting and we want user opinions and such =) Free hosting accounts should last forever --

seems to be down :confused4

gary7 said:
It's call venting in America. I was just minding my own business when they blocked my access to this website with a "SERVER NOT FOUND." error when I tried to submit my last post about the free hosting companies that I dealt with before. They did it again. I just tried to post. You could complain to the ip company. My ip is 198.245.131.5x.
This website is not blocking your access to the forums. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Your previous post, which was removed, has been added back.

Hehe, sorry about that. It hasn't been down for long amounts of time =). I think that my partner decided we will begin to charge 1$ per year for the 'free' service now. We had almost 500 hack attempts on the server in the past 3 DAYS, as well as 500 invalid accounts, and at least 10 accounts spamming email messages through our hosting service. We are sorry to have to do this, but 1$ a year isn't really anything, considering paypal takes like 35 cents of it ;). We might change this rule if we can find a way to stop hackers, spammers, and invalid accounts from being created so often!

edit: We will taking away this rule in a couple days, once we have email verification up and extra security measures =).

No accounts were hacked, but there were hack attempts on the server which were not sucessful. We added the 1$ paypal verification so we know who is signing up for the accounts. This is to ensure a secure server for your sites. Even though the accounts are free, we give them the same support and attention as our paid account hosts. However, we are instituting a new and free verification system for signups. All free accounts will always be hosted, so don't worry.

Our true goal is for members that are using free accounts to upgrade to premium accounts if they have the money (it's not that expensive). However, we realize that not all people have access to online money. We will always have free and paid hosting options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back