• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Trial: 90mb Space / 9GB bandwith month / Fantastico / 90MEGS.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
oN STEP 2 iT ALWAYS GIVES ME THIS ERROR...

Error : That domain name is already taken, please choose another.

I have my own existing domain and I chose existing domain in step one.... Then why does it not let me create an account? Please help. Yes I own the domain name and it is taken By me.

I have an account and my site is in the process of being built. Excellent host! Great service you have here. Although the downtime has taken some building time away, I appreciate you taking the time to secure your servers for your customers as well as yourselves. Thanks for a great host!

hybridbomber said:
oN STEP 2 iT ALWAYS GIVES ME THIS ERROR...

I have my own existing domain and I chose existing domain in step one.... Then why does it not let me create an account? Please help. Yes I own the domain name and it is taken By me.

Perhaps it means someone else has already registered with 90Megs.com to host the <whatever>.com domain.. despite the fact that you are the registered owner of the name.

givemeplain,

Could you please tell me a way out of this, If it is already booked in your database it might be because I typed some invalid characters in my password and it gave me an error.

If so... can you please delete that account and let me create a new one.

No one else wants to host my domain.... Its my personal site. Thats devarshy.com

And I want to host my site with you.
Thanks.

Hey,
We will look into this and delete any account that is using devarshy.com so you can create it. However, we have just made some security changes and it might have messed up some site settings .. meaning we have to fix registration.

Thanks

Thanks a lot.

I will try to register again after a few hours... I apparently gives me the same error right now.

Thanks for the consideration.

Well, I guess after so many hours It still does seem to give me the same error.... and I think you re still fixing the registration problem.

I'd appreciate if you postv here when everythinh is alright.

I'd like to host my site with you.
Thanks

ya...grrrr :(
givemeaplan, i have an idea which will make ur site better. Make a news page and say what your doing..im sure paid users and free users will rlly apreaciate whats goin on ;)

guess what guys..my site works :D..BUT the subdomain has been changed from komitz.90megs.com to komitzclan.90megs.com!!!! and it works! just fine! maybe everyones subdomains have been changed ??

Wel,
Maybe its all working for you peple,
nOt for me.... I still cant register.

It still tells me error: the domain name is already taken....on step 2. I guess I'll look elsewhere.... These are just tall promises.

Yea ..
As I posted in the support forums for the site signups are going to be down for a day or two. Sorry I don't check this post a lot :(. It's not 'tall' promises we have over 2500 people using our free hosting now .. if you can't wait a day or two for signups to be active find another host :).

Update:

New signup page 95% complete. It is a lot more complete and a lot easier to navigate. Should take a lot less time to create an account as well, there is also no email validation this time.

There is a fancier and new admin panel for all users once your account has been created, and easy management of multiple accounts under one username. All features should be working very very soon.

We are also proud to announce that 90megs.com hosting is no longer automated. This is for security reasons, but don't worry, we still accept all accounts that do not violate our terms of service. All accounts will be activated within 24 hours, usually less :).

I'll post back here when it is fully up.
Thanks for being patient!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back