• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] AOL sending out cd's in a tin? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nickmahon
I've seen AOL dialup get 40k/s. Which local provider in particular can top that?

One I used to use in San Diego, Cari Net... or something like that... Earthlink, amongst many others.

I just said the ones I listed connect at 48.8 at least most of the time it is more like 52kbps AOL is horrible

Speaking of that when AOL 2.0 was around I was pretty young and I was trying to hack, and I got banned from AOL for 1 year becasue they suspected that I could be causing danger to other customers. I didn't even know what I was doing I would just download things that would let me use other people's accounts so I never paid for it

Originally posted by guitarnerd
I just said the ones I listed connect at 48.8 at least most of the time it is more like 52kbps AOL is horrible

Speaking of that when AOL 2.0 was around I was pretty young and I was trying to hack, and I got banned from AOL for 1 year becasue they suspected that I could be causing danger to other customers. I didn't even know what I was doing I would just download things that would let me use other people's accounts so I never paid for it
don't you need to pay phone bills?

AOL here is not that bad... I used a trial cd once, speeds were 52000kbps which aint that bad downloads where fast. They have a good service here maybe they should throw out their browser. It's been proven it doesn't work!

Over here, AOL is easily the best dialup provider around. I always got excellent speeds, 53.3k, and you also can't beat their reliability or 24 hour support. Notice this is where I live, and I can't speak for any place else.

I agree about their browser though. Ugh, scary stuff.

AOL Sucks in detroit , Family Video Internet was my local provider, and i could get around 50-53kbps , AOl discs make very nice frisbees , i take handfuls from walmart just to chuck 'em in my pond :cool:

Originally posted by MN-Robert
AOL here is not that bad... I used a trial cd once, speeds were 52000kbps which aint that bad downloads where fast. They have a good service here maybe they should throw out their browser. It's been proven it doesn't work!

whoa , how can u get 52mbps on a 56k modem :confused:

Originally posted by MN-Robert

Did you read my post :confused:
Well you did say 52,000kbps which would be about 52mbps.
I'm sure it was just a typo and you did mean 52,000bps though.

Actually AOL/Time Warner can go bank rupt. They have spent so much money on promotion that if they do not have or have had at least on averege something like $250 of product in every house in the nation, by something like 2005, they will lose money and will possibly go bank rupt. That was the contract they signed with Time Warner when they joined forces. I have a cut out about it from my newspaper.
I do think Giancarlo made that comment just to make this thread turn into one of his little "I know everything" threads. Cause he would have gave a reason if he really knew. So if he replies to this I just won't respond.

AOL Time Warner

includes

Time Warner ISP
AOL ISP
Warner Bros

It has alot of outside private investment

The $30 odd billion losses were not losses .... but its the way the merging is now do accounts wise or something :confused:

i believe AOL time warner INC has over 8 billion $ in cash reserves and makes over $25 billion per year in pure profit

I said "IF" not they are not doing it, what I said is true, and what you are say may also be true. There are far more details behind it than any of us could possibly know so there is no use in arguing either

I actually believe AOL is a good isp

Has anyone thought that you only hear the bad comments and not the good ..

AOL is very good for families who just want the internet with a flat monthly fee ... it has alot of information

however for gamers and big downloaders ADSL or some form of broadband / high speed access would be better :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back