• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] AOL sending out cd's in a tin? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

is0lized

See Below
AOL sending out cd's in a tin? WTF?

i just got an AOL disk in a tin can - WTF?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1,025 free hours? Those hours MUST be used in 1 month.. hmm may has 31 days ... 31 x 24 = 744 hours. I don't think that's possible to use all 1025 in 1 month. lol.

I've got like 12 of those tins lay all around the place. You're just now getting them?

They have about 100 AOL CD's per checkout at my local supermaket and there are about 30 checkouts. Shows how desperate AOL are. Also if one checkout is low on CD's I think they just add some more.

Yeah...

When we first eeven heard of the internet was when they sent out the free "20" hours (now its in the thousands, must be getting VERY desprate!) and I was like 8 years old or something...

Anyway, we used our free hours, then we used all of our relatives and friends free hours, then we repeated the process again and again, then they caught us and said that we were lucky they wern't suing us...

They only did that probably because they didn't want to hurt their "reputation"

Originally posted by nickmahon
AOL has great dialup speed...

In the United States... but don't get me started about AOL South America... ugh... horrible.

Chris, AOL has a $64 Billion deficit.

That's Version 7.0, my latest one was 7.2 and 2 months free trial. Whoopee :cool2:

My friend sends them back to AOL just to see what happens, or he uses them as cup holders in his office. Your joking about good speed right? :biggrin2: Never know anyone with aol to connect faster thatn 36.6kbps and that is all through california. My friend was trying to connect to counter strike today and he is pretty illiterate about computers. I tested his speed and he is coneccted at 18kbps that is pathetic.

Earthlink, Verizon, every local provider, sierratel, JUNO is better, onemain, which I think was just bought by earthlink, umm those are just providers I know off the top of my head.
I get 48.8kbps connections evertime with those providers, I am not just naming them off I have used all of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back