• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is ridiculous

nicely said trevor. But I need to have a responce to people. I am fed up with hosts critising others because they are like oh they are overselling and some oversell more...thats why. I needed to respond. Anyway as my point was going.
If I have a 200gb hard drive I can fit 20 clients. 20 times $14.99 = $299.8 Which easily covers either colo costs or a server with that type of hard drive :)
oh and if I had a 250gb? $374.75
So I am not overselling at all. Thank you goodbye :)

Justifying the cost of the server is one thing, however do most hosts here do this just to pay the server fees ?

What about the ongoing system management time, support time, doing the accounts, advertising etc... ? Do most hosts work for free (or pocket money ?)

I have no idea about other countries, but the UK has a minimum wage of about £5/hour.

Repoman, I see your site's footer states that you're a Ltd company (I assume a UK one due to the .co.uk domain), this takes an hour or so per month in basic admin (averaged over the year) to keep the legal records and file returns.

*sigh*

Fact is, oversell all you want. When your customers get crap for service just remember that it will be one of us that will have your customer one day =)

ecsportal said:
*sigh*

Fact is, oversell all you want. When your customers get crap for service just remember that it will be one of us that will have your customer one day =)

Well said :applaudin

monaghan said:
Repoman, I see your site's footer states that you're a Ltd company ...

Don't believe everything you see :p.

It could be real, could just have been put there because it looks nice. Those footers thing mean really little these days. Yes I know it is illegal in certain parts of the world to put stuff like LTD without actually being that but hey, people do what they like.

Computerhelpworld, I'm aware people abuse company status :(

I guess those that do are probably not aware of the penalites (or like living dangerously).

I'm surprised that most customers can't be bothered to check out the companies they are considering, it's less than 5 mins effort to do a webcheck at Companies House and I guess other countries have their own register of companies that can be viewed. I wouldn't even want to get into the distance selling regulations over here :)

This thread is like two young children fighting over a ball in the backyard. I am sick of bickering between host. How do you know he did oversell, you stole his server and check it out? My point is, some time we should just keep to ourselves. What is the point of saying others overselling when there is a chance you are doing the same. It is about moral, if you badly oversell and willing to risk your client website going down, than i can say you are worse than a animal.

dbzsr said:
so guys after all these posts the point is
buying from that host
is good or not??????

The point is to do your homework, not rely on a few forum posts, these are often biased by newbies who think they have the best deal on the planet and by those who break the T&C's and then complain publically.

Check the company history, are they a registered company or a person registered as trading or self employed ? If they're not registered, then they are probably in breach of their local trading laws, so that's not a good start.

If you want a cheap host for a non-critical site and you're not worried about moving when they close down, then skip the research and go with the cheapest while they're still up :)

What people have to keep in mind is these hosting services are OVER SELLING,
you will get just what you payed for when you get a cheap hosting service...

I agree so many hosting offers so many unlimited at so little cost,
just be sure you don't get lost and fall to those "cheapy crappy" hosting.

Suggestion is to read more on this forum.

To those saying I am not a registered LTD company. I am...SiKo-Hosting is our DAB name and our registered limited company name can be found out by PM'ing me :)

Don't get so worked up, no-one was saying you weren't I was making the observation that your site footer suggested you were limited. Others simply suggested not to believe everything people put on a web page.

If you are a Ltd though, then this should be available for all to see without having to PM on a forum, check out the distance selling regulations :)

If sikohosting is not a ltd company, then I would suggest you remove the
Copyright © SiKo-Hosting .LTD, 2005-2006. All Rights Reserved. .
from the footer and replace it with your legal company name.

At the end of the day it will be companies house / inland revenue who would be interested, not us !

Back