• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is ridiculous

Completely agreed.
This market is flooded by overselling and new webhosts that cant give what they offer.

I get 15gb/150gb/unlim w/ WHM from someone who has been hosting for years, for $12. It's not overselling. It would be overselling if they charged $2 for it.

And for the record, it's spelt "rediculous".

and furthermore it is actually 'ridiculous'

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ridiculous

and if you cannot compete with people like that.....find a new industry. You do not hear people like jodohost/cartika crying about the oversellers. They build a strong foundation based on great service and personal attention. Find your niche, sell your product, do not worry about the other humans

XeonServe said:
How on God's Earth are real proper hosts meant to make an honest living when you have complete idiots coming along and providing this?

Firstly, how do you define a "real proper host". Everything is pretty much relative... a shared host with rented dedicated servers would seem less real than a host with his own cage... A host with his own cage would seem less "real" than a host with their own datacenter.. Very relative :)

The truth is that if you are offering web hosting services on the internet, you are by defintion a web hosting provider, whether real or unreal.. regardless of how many upstream providers you are dependent on.

Now.. do you really have to worry? i would be worried if its very likely that a customer visiting my site was also visiting the site of a competitor that offered a better product... But the fact is, given the "vastness" of the internet... and depending the source of traffic to your website.. it is unlikely your potential clients are going to end up visiting your competitor with the better product. This of course depends on where you source your traffic from.. and whether your competitors are sourcing their traffic from that same location.. If both of you source traffic from the same place, the potential client will compare you. if you source traffic from a different, untapped source.. in all likely hood you'd be the first and foremost choice for the customer as long as you meet all their requirements.

So the trick to being successful in this competitive industry is broadening the source of your traffic, and looking for unique.. untapped sources that haven't been exploited by your competitors.. These sources don't have to be sites with alot of traffic, but any source with suffient traffic that may have an interest in your offerings..

I've talked to the owners of alot of successful web hosting companies and most of them admit that their real breakthrough came when they found an untapped source of traffic that they exploited. Our early sucess too came from finding a couple of untapped sources and exploiting them.. And we still are always on the hunt..

Chris.S said:
Completely agreed.
This market is flooded by overselling and new webhosts that cant give what they offer.
I wil update this as that was my post..chris you cannot talk at all. I offer 10gb space and 100gb bandwidth for $14.99/month ..Oh I am overselling?
check out your 'Base 3' plan genius!

20480 MB Storage (20 Gb)
153600 MB Transfer (150 GB)
Add Reseller $5 Per Month

$7 Monthly

Oh? and that isnt overselling?

and Xeonserver or whatever your name is your site doesnt even load...are you a real host at all?

So you guys should check how you oversell before looking at others :beer:
Anyone who agress on the line above please state so

First of all i didnt state that you oversll i said that there are new hosts that are always overselling.

Also.

I dont oversell.
I have 5 dedicated servers and my offers are for a limited time.

Last edited:
Chris.S said:
First of all i didnt state that you oversll i said that there are new hosts that are always overselling.

Also.

I dont oversell.
I have 5 dedicated servers and my offers are for a limited time.

Let us take a look in further detail

You have purchased 1 of 5 dedicated servers at Layeredtech which I highly doubt you would do so.

These servers consist of:

80GB hard drive
1000GB bandwidth per month for $75 without panel and other costs

You are selling at a rate of:

20 GB disk space
150 GB bandwidth

Which means that you can only have the following number of accounts before you are overselling your resource limits.

4 x 20GB users at $7 per month bring a standard total fee of $28 per month.

You can have 100 dedi servers, that doesn't mean you do or don't oversell.

Leave it to Duport to put things in perspective for you.

This bickering between hosts is a pain to see, and reflects poorly on FWS. People oversell. Period. Who cares? If you offer a good service and you don't oversell, word gets around, and you get customers.

What you people (Chris, repoman, others) are doing right now is reflecting on how you carry yourself when confronted. You are getting defensive, much like a meth addict would if you confronted him about his "problem".

It's ridiculous.

Back