• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This has made my year so far.

People seem to place too much importance on the attitude of the person serving them, and I've never understood this, at least when it comes to retail matters. Personally, my spending habits are all based on the products I need and the convenience to me to get these products. If a clerk or someone similar is rude, so be it. That's not why I'm there.

Anyone who has ever worked retail can vouch for this. No matter how you act, if some moron customer wants something, they will come back, no matter how you treat them.

If they're going to be an ------- to you, you have every right to be an ------- back. The thing about retail is that the people who work those jobs know they're replaceable, and they're ok with that. I don't need some guy coming in trying to prove a point. Whose job is it to deal with that?

Blank,

Having served as a retail manager, I can say from experience that your logic is flawed. People do care about the way they are treated. True, some can be treated rudely and will come back. If you're the only guy in town offering what you offer, they'll all come back. But the second a competitor comes in, you're wiped out. Plus, it's just plain... rude.

I have also served as a retail manager, but it's not the perspective of the retail workers that matter in this case, it's the perspective of the customers. The businesses have to try to offer superior service, because they're trained to do so, and I suppose it can give them an edge over their competition, but service doesn't really matter if the customer can a)get the product he/she wants and b) at a decent price.

When I go to a store, I'm not there to interact with the store's employees, or to feel like I'm being treated with outstanding service. Those things are nice, but bottom line, I'm going to buy whatever it is I set out to buy in the first place. Mission accomplished.

Wow... Ben, I'd never buy anything from you.[snip]
You'd never buy anything from me because I stand up for myself when people give me ----? Try working at a retail store and have someone whistle at you telling you to "Come here." I'm not some shy little nerd that bottles up his feelings .. I'm loud and I don't take ---- from anybody.

Pretty much... yeah. You're supposed to treat the customers well.

Then again, Deasoft doesn't even answer their support tickets and they're still in business. :p

Pretty much... yeah. You're supposed to treat the customers well.

Then again, Deasoft doesn't even answer their support tickets and they're still in business. :p

Next time I'll just smile and ask if they want their shoes polished while they wait.

You'd never buy anything from me because I stand up for myself when people give me ----? Try working at a retail store and have someone whistle at you telling you to "Come here." I'm not some shy little nerd that bottles up his feelings .. I'm loud and I don't take ---- from anybody.

Go make me a sandwich.

benkick.jpg

BV, that was amazing artwork. you are quite talented.

I read the title of this thread and assumed it was because of the talk of an Arrested Development movie....

The sun wearing sun glasses is a nice touch. I'm also amazed at the tree that stays up using only one root.

The sun wearing sun glasses is a nice touch. I'm also amazed at the tree that stays up using only one root.

The other half of the tree is on the other side of the picture. It's supposed to show that the tree is big.

Although I don't really know if there are roots on the other side.

Either way, I can get away with it on account of me being an artiste.

Matty, stop teasing people with the AD movie. It's been refuted so many times that I no longer cry when I hear it.

Matty, stop teasing people with the AD movie. It's been refuted so many times that I no longer cry when I hear it.

Do some reading! All the cast confirms that they are talking about it and will start preproduction as soon as the strike is over. I think it may actually happen!

Back