• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

No one knows!

Stealth-Net said:
Ok, what the hell is going on?!

I've just got back from vacation to discover that everything (ftp, http, cpanel etc) is still down, after expecting it all to be resolved a week a go! I've skimmed through the thread reading StaticHost's comments.. I am extremely unhappy.

I am sad to announce at this time that it looks like this downtime is not to soon end. This does not mean that we are shutting down, it just means that it may be a few more days until it goes back up.

We are working through our options at this time, the outlook because of the quality of LT's servers, does not look good in the short term, but we will return eventually.

thanks for keeping us informed Anthony. Is StaticHost going to change their data center to another one? Also could you please give us an approx. timeline when StaticHost will come back online with their services and our sites.

The last question is kinda' important since it will allow those of us who are interested in staying with StaticHost the chance to point our domain name servers to another temp server until statichost comes back online, and then point them back, this way we'd still have our critical website info available to our viewers while non-ctitical data can be obtained once statichost have sorted out their server probs and we could point our domains back to StaticHost's nameservers.

Thanks in advance & good luck :)

pivotal it says yo site is forbidden, i'm getting a 403 error. any ideas?

And i hope StaticHost come back fast with their hosting services and severs :)

people need sites online and all he doing to trying to help others by getting there sites back online asap!

cs-web said:
Isnt that a bitt of a dirty tatic, just by doing that you've made your business look very shadey in my eyes.

No offense Pivotal cause I know you are just trying to help but one of the moderators warned another webhost cause he/she did the same thing you did. Just giving you a heads up and what might happen.

MN-Robert said:
hottweelz, please note you have been warned. Whether it's a genuine offer or not. Please do not solicit your services in this thread. That also applies to anyone else. Any off topic threads will be removed.

Robert where are you? PivotalWebHosting & peace_hope have been soliciting their services in this thread ;)

Not to both PivotalWebHosting & peace_hope:

if you wanted to help statichost clients you could easily pm those who were looking at moving away intead of posting it on the main. I'm really hopin' you're trying to help but its a fact that Robert's warning has already been posted here.

I am currently on holiday with my family and the server has gone down because according to Layered Tech we have not paid the bill, even though it is not due until the 24th of this month. I have sent the payment and we hope to be online shortly.

Once again we are sorry for this inconvenience and we will be moving datacenters in the near future to prevent these downtimes from occuring.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

YAY!!!!!

At least someone who seems to know what there doing - well done Steve!

StaticHost said:
I am currently on holiday with my family and the server has gone down because according to Layered Tech we have not paid the bill, even though it is not due until the 24th of this month. I have sent the payment and we hope to be online shortly.

Once again we are sorry for this inconvenience and we will be moving datacenters in the near future to prevent these downtimes from occuring.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Thank God!

Thank God! you replied steve, it seems we all are having bad time these days :cry2: , Untill when u think we will be back online.

We do not have an ETA, and we cannot make one either as we do not want to disappoint you, but we are now just waiting on Layered Tech to bring the server back online. Once they have done this the sites should come back online straight away.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

StaticHost said:
We do not have an ETA, and we cannot make one either as we do not want to disappoint you, but we are now just waiting on Layered Tech to bring the server back online. Once they have done this the sites should come back online straight away.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Steve you are my HERO!!!!!!

Thank you so much for all your hard work, as you can see all your clients have so much of customer loyalty towards StaticHost, most of us don't want to leave your hosting! :)

Have a great vaccation & fun with the family ;)

And everyone else, maybe we should go over to Layered Tech boards? and mess with them, voice our displeasure over their crappy data center services? Anyone agrees to that?

Last edited:
twmonline said:
LT have a lot to answer for! I think it is shocking they can do that to one of there clients!

The way it now looks to me is that:

1) Because LT delayed with their OS Reload, all of StaticHost's Clients experienced more than 80 hours of downtime.

2) Because LT wrongfully suspended StaticHost's services due to a administrative error from their side, StaticHost's clients have once again experienced more than 72 hours of downtime.

3) StaticHost have already sent LT their payment a week in advance, and LT still haven't reactivated StaticHost's services.

If we want our sites to come back online the only thing to do would be to bug LT staff/admins to reactivate StaticHost's account/services plus StaticHost have already sent the payment.

Makes sense to me, the issue is out of StaticHost's hand but in the LT-the big bully's palms, so if we want our sites to come back online asap, we'll just need to go over to LT's boards and push them and banter them into getting it all sorted out.

Steve do you have a ticket number or reference we could use to get LT to push and reactivte the services?

This won't help. Bothering LT's support staff will only make things worse for StaticHost in the future when they need those admins (should the move not be immediate) and may even delay the restoration of the server once the payment is received. Sales and tech staffs are different in nearly all largers hosts or DC's. Bothering a tech to reconnect a server when it has not been approved by sales will only annoy a lot of people.

Webhosts other than StaticHost may NOT reply in this topic at all from now on. If you wish to offer your services to StaticHost clients, you do that the way we allow you to post offers according to our rules. In other words if someone requests hosting in another thread you may reply to it there. If you wish to post your offer, do it in Webhosting Offers.

Again, any post by a webhost other than StaticHost will get deleted no mather what it says. Thanks for respecting our rules.

Peo said:
Webhosts other than StaticHost may NOT reply in this topic at all from now on. If you wish to offer your services to StaticHost clients, you do that the way we allow you to post offers according to our rules. In other words if someone requests hosting in another thread you may reply to it there. If you wish to post your offer, do it in Webhosting Offers.

Again, any post by a webhost other than StaticHost will get deleted no mather what it says. Thanks for respecting our rules.

Thanks Peo for enforcing the regulations on this thread and clearing it up for everyone else :)

mct said:
This won't help. Bothering LT's support staff will only make things worse for StaticHost in the future when they need those admins (should the move not be immediate) and may even delay the restoration of the server once the payment is received. Sales and tech staffs are different in nearly all largers hosts or DC's. Bothering a tech to reconnect a server when it has not been approved by sales will only annoy a lot of people.

I understand what you mean mate :), but then again, what are we supposed to do? sit around and wait until LT switches the StaticHost servers back on? For how long?

Do any other StaticHost clients have any good ideas that will help us in getting LT to quicken the process of switching back StaticHost's servers on?

I personally would appreciate any suggestions since I want StaticHost's Services up and running soon, my friends' sites are all down - and you all knwo the feeling ;)

Back