• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

Our datacenter are removing the original hard drive from the Proton server, which was only mounted to allow us to copy files over. It should be back online in about 5 minutes.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Has Statichost begun to send out the mails with new password and when
can we reach our panel? I need to update my webpage soon.

Nortan said:
Has Statichost begun to send out the mails with new password and when
can we reach our panel? I need to update my webpage soon.
I dont think so. If they have, i haven't got my email yet.

StaticHost said:
Our datacenter are removing the original hard drive from the Proton server, which was only mounted to allow us to copy files over. It should be back online in about 5 minutes.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

It's been down since 3:00am GMT. Don't deny it cos I was speaking to Anthony about it. Worrying about a half-bit host is the least of my worries and now i'm leaving. I refuse to be messed about anymore.

This is very unfortunate, if stuff like this keeps happening there will be more downtime than uptime overall.
Steve I really advice you to move to a different datacenter if possible, because these guys are really messing it up.

StaticHost... when are you coming back ? I am gonna still stick with you though! :D

Btw, if they move to a new datacenter they will have more downtime, and it might turn out worse. Then again.. there's nothing much worse than this. ;)

Any update from Steve &/or Anthony?

Have the datacenter given you anything else to go on? It was supposed to be 5 minutes several hours ago...

I appreciate this must have been a very trying few days for statichost - obviously it's been pretty bad for anyone hosted with them too!

Sorry about the delay - our datacenter are apparently very busy due to server migrations and their staff are very busy. They took the server offline to remove the original hard drive and then they never re-racked it.

We are now back online and we will be taking steps to implement even more redundancy in the near future. :)

Regards,

Steve McManus.

lillybet said:
I'd like to put my 'twopennyworth' in -as a new member I have joined solely for this purpOse!

1. The host has been down for over 2 days - I bought a reseller programme them from eBay had have 30+ clients - imagine how this has affected them then times that by the numbers of resellers!
2. I have had no response from them despite enquirying directly with them thru thier eBay ID on several occassions
3. The only reason I have found out ANYTHING is cause of this thread which they have put up for clients to view only today via their website url.
4. The lack of communication is completely unacceptable - any excuses are simply that - an excuse! - simple email comms are just that -SIMPLE and are NOT reliant upon servers
5. Any reference to the traegdy in London are an insult! - talk about smoke and mirrors - what has a human disaster got to do with downtime? ANYONE try to link this to this for either 'good or bad purposes or as an offer of an excuse' are dispicable!
6. Unsuprisingly I have cancelled my subs with them - HOWEVER -as I have paid for my moth I expect to get my month! I have already took an PayPal dispute regardless even though I know there is no chance of a refund
7. All in all, I find most of this threadto be more of a mutual back thumping excercise extholling the virtues of how wonderful sataichost are/where - simple bottom line is off -line for over 2 days and no comms = terrible business practices! Any business who runs like that deserves to be out of business!!

I have been reading this entire post since I saw it today and yes people have been complaining and asking questions and stuff but you are nothing but ridiculous. Any business can have this happen to them. Atleast they have been in contact with their customers and didnt wait until everything was back online and sent an email saying "we are back online. sorry for the inconvenience" Give them a break and take a chill pill. now that is my two cents and I will finish reading the rest of this now.

I am unable to login to cpanel and FTP again and Steve McManus is not here from the last 10 hrs to provide me with the LOGIN INFO, I always wanted to be with this host but now I am thinking again about countinuing with them ?

Back