• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Speaking of Racism...

WhereToLook

Is it just me or is the Race Card getting so overplayed these days that a knee-jerk reactionary backlash is getting ready to happen?

I do not consider myself racist or a bigot or anything like that. I honestly don't care what the shade of your skin is. As long as you act like a normal person (so to speak), I could care less.

But, I swear to <insert the politically correct name of your favorite higher power here> that I am sick and tired of hearing about it...

Aren't we all in a nutshell? Unless people actually enjoy the fact of debating and discussing and old topic that has gone nowhere but down in the past few years thanks to [we all know who, here.]

I have no problems with people, unless you're blaming every other race for every one of your problems. Like the stereotypical angry black guys.

i sent a memo

Jan said:
Why do Americans call biscuits cookies?

Welp.. no offense meant.. really :p but they ARE cookies and that's why we call 'em that. I looked it up in the dictionary.

:bkick:

Jan said:
Why do Americans call biscuits cookies?

Because cookies make you FAT :p.

Anyway, what I cant stand is how we have to adapt to there way of life, in the UK we have many people of different cultures & my view is, if they come into the UK they should live like we do, ware what we do & so on. Am not racist but this does bother me in some ways, if we went to there country we would have to act the same as they do.

It's like a little "Mexican problem" that I've got around here. At work, we're having a "Culture appreciation class." In the first gay class, we learned Spanish for 3 hours. 3 more sessions of this nonsense.

I was here before them. I speak English, therefore, they should speak English.

I'm racist too. Oh, and white male. I know, I know...we should all be shot.

So, yeah. A lot of things about race bother me. I'll add one to the "don't come to my country and expect me to change to accomodate you" column.

I also hate reverse discrimination. There was a story about...an RCMP(?) hiring procedure that stated that there were too many white men in the RCMP, and only visible minorities and women (preferably both) should be hired. (Once this leaked to the media, it was scrapped). You know, filling race quotas.

On the same token, I know that discrimination does happen in the workforce hiring. One of the reasons (besides all us whities being racist) would be that people are afraid that if you hire a minority, and for whatever reason it doesn't work out, they will play the "race card". It happens. It isn't right, but it happens.

I also hate how people are so sensitive about race issues. So much so that some pretend that "colour" doesn't exist. I don't think ignorance is the best solution...

I really think that alot of people are racist because they don't know or they are afraid of the other people's cultures. People shouldn't judge other people for the way they look or language they speak. Get to know the person and I bet money 90+% of the time you'll see a different side of someone. Just because you see one stereotypcal person that doesn't mean the rest are the same.
Also when someone comes to my country I do expect them to learn my language and my culture. I don't mind getting to know their cultures but if you go to someone else's country you need to learn their culture first. This shouldn't be an issue with race. I dono I could say alot of things about this subject but I'd rather not.......

This is a topic I don't really like talking about because of the simple fact
I don't care what color you are as long as you are fare and treat people
with respect..But you will also have those that think different and target
other just because of there color.
This kind of thing has been around for hundreds of years
and will be around way after were gone..

Last edited:
Serverextreme said:
...I don't care what color you are ...

<major rant>
The sad fact is that (in my opinion) the large majority of us think the same way, we don't care what color you are. But, the minority few that INSIST on bringing this up EVERY DAY need to be taken out back AND SHOT.

I mean, seriously... there is not ONE BLACK person that was a slave and not ONE white person that owned someone of any color in this country that is alive today.

I know we learn from the past and should not forget but @#$%^&*()*&^%$%^&*(*&^%$%^&*()*^&%^&*()__)(*&^%$@#$%@#$%^!!!!! I do not need to be told every friggin day that eating only candy is bad for you, or that pointing my finger at someone less fortunate than myself and laughing out loud is morally wrong... the list is endless...

I hate the fact that a black person has the right to be mad at me for anything but I am morally bound to take abuse and act contrite about it because our ANCESTORS were completely DIFFERENT than we are now.

If the WHITE people didn't fight the @#$%^ civil war to free them, they would still be in servitude. perhaps white people did enslave them.... but white people also freed them.

what is the worst of all? If my employers saw this... i would be fired...and nothing in this is discrminatory where race is concerned. I am only saying that we SHOULD be equal and we SHOULD respect one another but we can't because a vastly smaller minority can't let it go...
</major rant>

This is probably the last time I will get into a a topic like this but I just wanted to speak my mind and I have nowhere else to say it.

Sad. Really Sad.:sheep: :cow2:

I agree judging people by their color is very bad indeed. How would white people feel if another group of people with a different skin color come and turn us into slaves?

WhereToLook said:
Is it just me or is the Race Card getting so overplayed these days that a knee-jerk reactionary backlash is getting ready to happen?

I think it'll be more of a knee-grow reactionary backlash.

Biscuits are things that you have with tea, and coffee.. Cookies are things you eat and have with milk. Enough said :p

You see skin colour is the thing that is very visual and when you see someone black stand out in the white crowd its hard to have manners.

Back