• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some New Hosts!

Well........

Syanet, what about people with their own mp3 creations? I tend to enjoy making loops for flashkit, but what if I want to allow people to download them from my site hosted there? And what if we have trial software there to download that has a connection to what's on the site? And just how many html pages do you require them to have? I know I wouldn't want to make a seperate page for every picture,download,news articles etc.You should really refine your TOS. I know you have to cover your own ass, but you should also make exceptions to those who are legit.

Originally posted by Nick
Syanet's ad is the stupidest looking adbar I've ever seen :(.

Agreed! Well, I'd rather have that than a banner or pop up for a personal page, but a "professional" site should not have an ad at the top with links to "Win free N64 Games!" and "Free web hosting" . I think a regular ad banner would be better than this. Tons of "professional" sites have them.

whateverhosting

Question for whateverhosting :

How do you guys pay your bill when you don't put any ads or banners on the pages ???

GRiN...That site works fine. I mean professional as in ites that aren't 90% blind links.

Zitech_Industries...That would be accetable. As long as you own the rights to them, they can be uploaded. I'll refine the TOS to say that.

Canuckkev...That's just an example. The terms can be modified to reflect what your site offers.

I think it's pretty nice and definitely preferable to most ad bars. For me, it's not the ads but the animation in the ads that drives me nuts. But where do you get your revenue from? This just looks like links to your site and a search box. Does the search provide revenue, and if so, do you think it would be enough to cover costs?

The search and the first link provide revenue, while there is a link to my main site also on it. This recruits more people, which should in turn provide more revenue.

This adbar doesn't look so bad. Nick, look at NBCI one for a moment, then you'll how really annoying adbar looks like.

Anyway, I think that they'll introduce banners or popups or whatsoever, 'cause almost all webhosts have done so. But who knows.

I'll have to say no to turning to pop-ups in the future. With the ad bar having customized terms on each site, I highly doubt click through will be a problem. I think this ad bar idea will succeed because the user is able to customize it to fit their site's colors. Much unlike Xoom's old bar.

How do you figure? It's customizeable and easily placeable. Much better than Xoom's ugly forced banners.

Then I'd be just like every other host out there. This is a pretty unique alternative to banners and people have responded to it. Besides a handful of people, I've heard nothing but good things about the bar.

Back