• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Servebyte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not picking, just want a refund for the last month.

James has already been proven wrong - so can you state why you think you should be refunded? I would usually have no problem issuing a refund immediately, but since you decided to make such a fuss and tell me "I'm finished with Servebyte" it seems the reason why you want it back is because you've had the idea implanted in your head.

Your whole picking failed, TOS covers this websites removal.

You clearly have no understanding whatsoever of what is written, so not even going to bother. :knockedou Keep "LOL"ing with your mirror friend amateur.

Gamer4U said:
James has already been proven wrong.

When I pointed out those flaws about your "policies", you could not answer anything apart from "try hosting him yourself". You could not produce any plausible, solid explanations.

Customer is always right, customer is king.

You clearly have no understanding whatsoever of what is written, so not even going to bother. :knockedou Keep "LOL"ing with your mirror friend amateur.

When I pointed out those flaws about your "policies", you could not answer anything apart from "try hosting him yourself". You could not produce any plausible, solid explanations.

Customer is always right, customer is king.

The host is king and the customer isn't always right. My my... how premium and free hosting differs. :lol: I don't tolerate hoggers. << Period.

You clearly have no understanding whatsoever of what is written, so not even going to bother. Keep "LOL"ing with your mirror friend amateur.
You failed because the client agreed to that TOS, meaning they agreed to this:
Memory usage must be kept to minimum, and freed regularly when possible.
they was using 1.5-2GB they didn't ever free it and thats hardly a minimum.
I agree the terms arnt very well put but this isnt the point.
Point is the OP agreed to these terms and failed to abide by them.
So your whole picking fails.

If a client paid for a service, he/she is entitled to the resources promised. Suspending a client without notice is unexcusable. If your TOS doesnt state the resources allowed to use, or if they go over that, you dont have the right to suspend them. Also, the customer is king. Without the customer, you wouldnt have anything. If a customer wants a refund, it is given. If the service is crap, then a refund is given. The owner doesnt have the right to deny it unless it is proven that the customer is just trying to get his money back so he doesnt have to pay for the service. Also, if you say "Refunds are given after the first 14 days, or if you dont like our service, you got 30 days and refund is given" then they have to give a refund...No Questions..Asked!

Also, telling everyone the host is king, and no refund will be given is going to scare away a lot of customers who might think about buying. It tells them what if they go with you and have the same problem, they will be screwed.

Now, before you tell me where do I get off saying all this, just know I have 4 years in the hosting business, I ran a good hosting business with my friend for 4 years, and had over 2,000 shared/reseller clients. The business was sold to another company after we couldnt manage it due to unfortunate events in our lives.

The customer buys 5GB of space, and 25GB of bandwith, they are allowed to use it up. Its theirs, they paid for it. You have no right to take it away unless they abuse, or dont pay. I understand if they cause server crashes, but you must talk to them first, and see what a good choice will be for them. Suspending doesnt help, and gives a bad rep on the company.

I hope I opened your eyes since you didnt want to listen to James.

Last edited:
they was using 1.5-2GB they didn't ever free it and thats hardly a minimum.
I agree the terms arnt very well put but this isnt the point.
Point is the OP agreed to these terms and failed to abide by them.
So your whole picking fails.

If the terms strictly forbid the script he was using (It was said to be proxy) then it's completely different, but that is not the case.

If the issue was memory why didn't they even try to "free up" the memory like it says in the TOS? How do you define "Minimum"? The fact is that line about memory doesn't say anything and its statement is so weak, that you can't enforce anything at all with it.

So you still don't really understand that we've established - in this case we can't put the TOS as the decision point because it does not cover what has happened. Your argument fails.

I don't blame you for not wanting to refund him, his stupidity has annoyed me too.

This is business and client paid for goods. Annoyance has nothing to do with suspending services. And why call a fellow member stupid? That may be offensive to him.

At the end of the day some people will see sense, and some will not.

:beer: to those who can see.

Yes, i'm not retarded and don't oversell. Everyone can use what they buy - in this case - 7.5 GB Space, and (I don't know how much bandwidth, probably 75GB) - but they diddn't buy any memory did they? :tired2: So you're both wrong as that is the way you're looking at it.

Any host who would continue to host such a website and pissing off other users of the server deserves the negative impact that they would receive. No one wants to be on such a server.

So, as my eyes are wide open maybe you need to stop looking and start thinking? :p

Yes, i'm not retarded and don't oversell. Everyone can use what they buy - in this case - 7.5 GB Space, and (I don't know how much bandwidth, probably 75GB) - but they diddn't buy any memory did they? :tired2:

Then why did you suspend him for memory usage? Maybe you are thinking too much.

Make no mistake, it's your business - run it the way you want. But the OP has posted publicly and people will post their own comments and make minds up about the whole affair.

It is understandable that no one likes to be on a server that crashes. That is why you talk to the person and see if they can do something to help, upgrade their plan, or let them know that after their billing cycle comes up for renewal, that you will be letting them go, or give them a refund right now and be done with em. Suspending their account is not the way to go, especially when your TOS has flaws.

Yes it is, I already warned him and he diddn't answer after 24 hours, so took action.
My TOS does not have flaws.

I am on Gamer4u's side on this. I agree with his actions 100%.
I will also state that any more personal insults in this thread will result in Infractions being awarded. Argue away but be constructive about it.

James, not going to bother explaining again....
The flaws in your statement would be enough in a court room to get the case thrown out.

Last edited:
I dont see why he should continue to let a client whos site is crashing the server, continue to use the service.
Hell, it even seems like you gave the guy a warning.

If you just suspended the domains involved tho and allowed him to be abel to retrive his data to move it to a more resonable place, then i dont see that you did anything wrong.

Yes the TOS does have flaws. You can't just say "Memory usage must be kept to minimum, and freed regularly when possible. " You have to set an amount. Maybe the client thinks that his current memory usage is "kept to a minimum". Right now the best thing to do would be that you give him a refund and let him take a backup. And after that terminate the account and finally revise your TOS.

He has already got his account data - this has been mentioned multiple times in this thread my Hurley and myself.

You never gave me an exact amount of memory I had to stay under...can you please just give me a $2.5 refund and this can be over with?

Hurley, I don't think you will be seeing your few bucks. If you look at every post he made, he says that we are wrong and nothing else. It's a simple question of what the TOS defines which in this case I and few others agreed that the host's actions were not covered well enough.

If it was via a 3rd party processor you could challenge/dispute the payment.

But for 2.5 bucks, :D maybe it's not worth the bother. In fact it's been worth every cent for the show. Good luck.

Customer is king.

But for 2.5 bucks, :D maybe it's not worth the bother. In fact it's been worth every cent for the show. Good luck.

I agree here. If it was $15 or $20 I would say fight till you get it back but $2.50? Go walk around the walmart parking lot for 20min you will probably find that much laying there [offtopic I found $50 on the ground at walmart once :p)

In any event just cut your losses and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back