• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Right Click

Originally posted by roblev
If you actually understood anything about HTML and my coding, then you would know how to bypass that script. If you had your script and mine put together, then it would be secure, but your script is terribly insecure. Take it from a guy with experience buddy!

i didn't say it was "Secure" I said it was a little more secure as those who right clicked where redirected to another URL. As for the HTML, I've been coding for over 2 years now, so I think I know something.

this whole thread is pointless

1. the right-click function is very usefull. eg I use it to open most links in a new window.

2. neither of the methods posted here stops a 'surfer' using the 'view ~ source' thats on the tool bar.

3. I know of no site anywhere that you can't see the code by typing

view-source:www.thesite.com/pageyouwanttosee.html

or something similar

of course, you'll always get the code as presented to the browser, ie it includes anything dynamically generated

I agree you can make things harder to see but you can never stop people looking.

The harder it is the more of a challenge but I've always been able to look at anything I've wanted to. Sometimes It's taken a little time but It can always be done

Disabling right click and full screen windows...I'm away for one night and look what happens! Uncoolness takes over! :mad:

We are not amused. We consider to not post in this forum anymore. We will talk with Zeldman about this. You will hear from us. ~^-^~

great no more annoying pu55cat to contend with. I always feel like the posts round here have been sprayed. :p :D

:eek: Amazing, and slightly shocking. Who or What was a good question though. He's The All Time Web Guru. ALA, WASP, zeldman.com. He's everywhere. As most recent major achievement he fathered the Fuck Old Browsers Campaign.

I was bornwith this calling. My coolness was given to me by a coolness too great to understand. :eek:

the code about the right click is cool, but people still can still your code. is there a way u can block the saves as from the file menu, if you can do that ur code will be secure and nobody will still them.

Heard of a little direcory in c:\windows called Temporary Internet Files? :p ;)

Back