• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Right Click

i don't think that's very effective. someone can just use the windows shortcut key, disable javascript, or look at your source code.

You can press the windows shortcut key? That's lame!

Also, if you disable right click nobody will be able to steal your images, which would suck! :p If I thought of all the images I right-click and save, I'd never disable right clicks on my site - sort of returning the favour.

I guess you guys do not have the REAL scripts to disable right click! Hahahahah! I have a script which is two words. I stole the script off of 3dsmax's authenication package. Anyways here is the code for you people who like thier work NOT to be stolen:

(Note: It is not in PHP)
PHP:
<body bgcolor="black" onContextMenu="return false;">

As simple as that. And it works too! No way of disabling it. No matter what!

what if you use the view source or better yet lynx, which AUTOMATICALLY gives you the URL to stuff like images

but really, if you look at stats of a normal website, it tells you the majority of people (on mine, 80% are using a windows computer with IE), so if you were crazy enough you would put a shitload of code if you wanted to secure your page.

true, and what's the point of having images if people aren't going to steal them :D

This script is a little more secure as it redirects the user to another page (perhaps you could use this for advertising or telling the user(s) not to click any of the pages

Just change "redirecturl.htm" with the location you want the user to be forwarded to when right cliking your page, and also replace the alert to the text you want the user to see.

Have fun :D

Blu :rolleyes:

NOTE: The script is in JavaScript (place under the body tag)

<script language="JavaScript">
if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Internet Explorer") != -1)
document.onmousedown = noSourceIExplorer;
function noSourceIExplorer()
{
if (event.button == 2 | event.button == 3)
{
alert ("Trying to steal my source code?");
location.replace("redirecturl.htm");
}
}
</script>

Last edited:
If you actually understood anything about HTML and my coding, then you would know how to bypass that script. If you had your script and mine put together, then it would be secure, but your script is terribly insecure. Take it from a guy with experience buddy!

If I built a site and I found out people were checking out the source, I'd be flattered. Anyway, if you were that desperate to view the source of a page, you'd use this little beauty:

<HEAD>
<!-- Begin
function viewSource() {
document.getSource.view.value="Please wait!";
setTimeout("document.getSource.view.value='View Source!'",6000);
window.location.href= "view-source:" + document.getSource.url.value;
return false;
}
// End -->
</script>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<center>
Type in a full URL and click "View Source"
<br>
<br>
<form name=getSource onSubmit="return viewSource();">
<input type=text name=url value="http://">
<br>
<br>
<input type=submit name=view value="View Source">
</form>
</center>
</BODY>

Stop that one!

Originally posted by lastactionhero

Thanks el crapo! You don't speak crap after all :D

[Giancarlo]I DO NOT FIND THAT AMUSING!!! Take that back immediately before I report you to a mod!![/Giancarlo]

Note to Giancarlo: I'm just kidding. Don't take it seriously dude. But I have to admit, your attitude here is improving.

Back