• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Right Click

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP PEOPLE STEALING YOUR SCORCE CODE UNLESS YOU DO NOT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET. IF PEOPLE CAN BROWSE IT THEY CAN LOOK AT THE CODE!!!!

And now you remember? :rolleyes:
It's true. Disabling menus only makes people (me :mad: ) pissed off and doesn't accomplish anything of what you want.

the only secure way (which i have found) to secure your source code is to use Flash. There is a way in which i can set up flash so that it will only play if it was shown from my domain. If you tried it locally or on another domain. It would display an error and if you wanted crash the bastards comp.

Last edited:
Originally posted by roblev
the only secure way (which i have found) to secure your source code is to use Flash. There is a way in which i can set up flash so that it will only play if it was shown from my domain. If you tried it locally or on another domain. It would display an error and if you wanted crash the bastards comp.
I'd just fake my HTTP_REFERER headers :D

I'm sure there are flash decompilers around anyhow. Things are only secure if they stay on your server.

what's ur website url, i guarantee you that i can get it to work. if you can disable the menu like file, edit view etc then ur code will be secure otherwise it won't be secure unless it's php, cgi, or asp etc code beside than html.

What the hell is so important about this page that you're willing to disable virtually the entire browser just so they can't look at the HTML? Here's a clue: nobody cares. The best protection for your files, short of not uploading them (even that's not foolproof, if you want to be absolutely secure you should never even make them), is realizing that if someone wants something bad enough, they'll get it, no matter what you do to prevent them, and the average person just doesn't give a damn and wouldn't take your HTML if you shoved it down their throats.

Let's just assume you did disable all the menus (how, by the way?). To get the source, all I'd have to do is press Ctrl+U. Disabled the shortcut keys? I'd just precede the URL with "view-source:" or, heaven forbid, just turn off JavaScript. Disabled "view-source:" (again, how?)? I'd just go to about:cache, your site would be there. There is no way to hide your HTML because for the browser to render it you've got to send it, and if you send it the browser'll show it.

No menus, no shortcuts, no contextual menu, full-screen... I assume to leave your visitors would have to restart their computers? You don't have to worry about HTML theft, once a visitor sees your site once, they'll never go back.

It's not that hard to fake a referrer.

[SIZE=+2]Go Dusty! Go![/SIZE]
:D :D
I want to add that it aslo looks amateurish. :)

haven't you forgot about the coding to make your page NOT cache in on users computer, and to also EXPIRE when the user wants it to? or am i wrong?

Back