• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

review/rating plz

Comments:
-Main page loads slow
-I-Frame too small, and what are you going to do with the remaining space?
-More graphics please

Design: 820/1000
Organised: 900/1000
Graphics: 400/1000
Speed: 890/1000

Overall(Including Speed): 753/1000, 75%
Overall(Excluding Speed): 707/1000, 71%

Originally posted by cheatpark
I don't like sites with frames. Its way too small anyway.

<edit>Your site don't work in nutscrape version 4 or mozilla. I guess they don't like frames. </edit>
Then you guess wrong as you would have known if you had read this thread.
Netscape4 doesn't handle IFRAME which is not the same thing as FRAMES.

Last edited:
Thats true meow but iframes are similar to frames. Why are they called iframes if they are not similar? Also you got one thing wrong the iframe does work in opera.

Also you got one thing wrong the iframe does work in opera.
What did you see when Meow wrote "All the major modern browsers support iframe"?

It works in Mozilla now (and therefore it also does Netscape 6.x).

<edit: left out the "does">

Last edited:
Support for iFrame was added in the beta (and only) version of Netscape 5.0. It was never part of 4.x.

Originally posted by Dusty
What did you see when Meow wrote "All the major modern browsers support iframe"?

It works in Mozilla now (and therefore it also Netscape 6.x).
True but did you hear meow also say:

Much better! But still only works in IE.

Explain that. :p

Sometimes I fear that you are plain stupid cheatpark :confused2

Cyber, take this crap away:
please download a browser that supports iframes (Internet Explorer)

Put a link to the page in there instead. Guys who use Netscape4 (Jan) know that it's old. They've chosen to use it anyway (Jan). They don't, or shouldn't, expect that everything looks dandy to them (but Jan does). All you need to do to make your site work for them is to link to the damn' page. :devious2:

Explain that. :p
Explain bringing previous and unrelated material into an argument about your claim of Netscape's non-support for frames.

Telling Meow he's wrong about Opera support adds nothing to an argument about Netscape's frame support. Are you admitting to having brought irrelevant side-topics in to distract from your obviously wrong accusation?

Cyber: It works fine now, but my only new comment is it's very, very small.

Originally posted by Dusty
Support for iFrame was added in the beta (and only) version of Netscape 5.0. It was never part of 4.x.
but it worked for me. One hosting service used I-frames for ads and it loaded properly.

:rolleyes:
I have never said that iframe doesn't work in Opera. I said that Cyber's iframe didn't to start with. That was the whole purpose if this - to get the thing to work in Opera and Moz.

but it worked for me. One hosting service used I-frames for ads and it loaded properly.
...most likely because there was an alternative ad inside the <iframe></iframe> tag. Like stuff between <noframes></noframes> shows up in browsers which don't support frames, whatever you put inside the <iframe> tag will be seen in browsers that don't support iFrames. Netscape 4.x does not support iFrames.

Tell that to the little Microsoft evangelist Cyber. Now he has put this in there. :biggrin2:
You need a browser that supports iframes, such as: <a href="www.microsoft.com">Internet Explorer</a><br>Why? 'Cuz ya wanna view my site!<
*meow spanks Cyber vigorously with a boxed copy of Mozilla* :p

Last edited:
For once I agree with meow. :biggrin2: I think you should not use iframes and use some sort of normal html page or use something like php.

Originally posted by cheatpark
For once I agree with meow. :biggrin2: I think you should not use iframes and use some sort of normal html page or use something like php.
:rolleyes:
No you don't.

I'm saying that he should provide a link to main.php between the iframe tags instead of the link to Microshit. That way Jan can read and add to the shoutcast thingie should she want to. To prove my point I just posted a message there using LYNX.

Back