• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

review/rating plz

Oh now it does, but the bg loads slow.

The window is way too small. It's unique but too hard to read in there.

Nice try...

Clean, crisp design but there are some faults...

- The background takes ages to load, even on ADSL. You ought to reduce the size.
- Table is too small for 1152X864 Resolution.
- Clean design... right to the point

Graphics/Style: 9 out of 10
Design/Layout: 7 out of 10 (Optimize for Higher resolutions, and I will put it at 9 out of 10)

Overall: 8.5 out of 10 (85% - Not an average, but what I think overall)

Umm... hmm. Yeah... I assume you've only look at it in IE, right?

Well, one thing I can comment on, it's awfully slow loading.

What's with the empty grey box in the center of the page? :confused:

It's pretty slow even on ADSL.

:rolleyes: All the major modern browsers support iframe. :p

Cyber, it looks very nice but...

A. You can't use a background image that's close to half a MEG. It would probably be smaller as JPG and either format you choose OPTIMIZE it.

B. The iframe doesn't show up in some browsers because of the table sizes. You use % in a way that makes the tables kinda eat the iframe. Lose all sizes in tables and size the iframe directly instead. In fact you could lose almost all tables since they fill no purpose. ( The only one needed is the one that gives the bgcolor and a border. The only browser that needs a table for that is Netscape4 though and that one don't get the iframe anyway, but that's another story.)

C. LINK TO THE SHOUTER PAGE BETWEEN THE IFRAME TAGS. Then not even Jan can complain. :biggrin2:

Suggestion: make a smaller window pop up onload with the content you have in the index now. Or limit the background to part of the page. You must get the size of that background down somehow.

Last edited:
ok, i got it.

i cut the bg down from 436kb to 33.5kb (thank you JPGs!!)

i made the content window a set size, so it doesn't shrink (even tho i use %'s inside the main table)

hows that now?

Ah, much faster now. Still don't see the frame's contents, though. Make sure you've set the height and width of the <td> it's in to 100% and 100% if you're using percents for the frame.

Much better! But still only works in IE. Put the sizes in the <ifame> tag and take away the sizes in the tables. They will shrink to fit the iframe anyway.

You basically only need to center the whole page and have one table around the iframe for the border and bgcolor. You don't need a table to center the image and the text.

<body>
<div align="center">
[--your image and top text--}

<table border="1" bgcolor="#xxxxxx" cellpadding="" cellspacing="">
<tr>
<td>
<iframe src="" width="" height="" framborder="1">
<a href="">View my Shouter</a>
</iframe>
</td><tr></table>

[---your bottom stuff ---]
</div>
</body>

Last edited:
I don't like sites with frames. Its way too small anyway.

<edit>Your site don't work in nutscrape version 4 or mozilla. I guess they don't like frames. </edit>

Last edited:
Back