• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Revenue Pilot :( Help!!!

Yes you are the almighty decider of those who you pay and those who you do not. Last time I was let go from a job was the postal service and it was for talking of all stupid things (10 years ago i might add), however they still gave me that last check when it came due. I have no problem with whom you decide to keep as a publisher and whom you decide is worthy of your resources. But I have to question your ethics when you claim that a person's behaviour dictates whether or not you decide to pay them what they have earned. I know this kid personally and yes he's not quite as matured as you and I, but I am a close affiliate of his and he has done nothing but deliver great traffic and real results for me. I am the one who referred him to this forum to help him find decent trusting advertisers. I would just like to see you pay what is owed. Its companies like yours that make choosing an ad provider a gamble. I no longer accept affiliations with ad distributors without a solid contract because of incidents such as this.

RevenuePilot I am actually glad you did post here. You just prove to everyone else who reads this how your company is one big scam. I couldn't see how anyone would ever want use your company again after reading this thread lol. :)

WabbyTwax, as you yourself mention, the key to your dismissal from your past employer was the fact that you were talking of all stupid thing,s however you did not commit any fraud against the postal service. I am pretty sure that if you, hypothetically speaking of course, were to commit some kind of fraud against the postal service, you not only would not get paid but would also have charges pressed against you. While you may have dealt with him before and received great traffic from him we got nothing but automated fraudulent clicks from him. Please note his account was not cancelled because he said something bad about our company, or because the traffic quality was poor due to natural reasons; his account was cancelled for one and one reason only which is that he was sending us fraudulent traffic. My question to you is this: Are you saying its ok for people to defraud companies and still get paid? Does that mean that people can steal money until they are caught and even when caught they should be given the money that they stole until that point?

Originally posted by WabbyTwax
Yes you are the almighty decider of those who you pay and those who you do not. Last time I was let go from a job was the postal service and it was for talking of all stupid things (10 years ago i might add), however they still gave me that last check when it came due. I have no problem with whom you decide to keep as a publisher and whom you decide is worthy of your resources. But I have to question your ethics when you claim that a person's behaviour dictates whether or not you decide to pay them what they have earned. I know this kid personally and yes he's not quite as matured as you and I, but I am a close affiliate of his and he has done nothing but deliver great traffic and real results for me. I am the one who referred him to this forum to help him find decent trusting advertisers. I would just like to see you pay what is owed. Its companies like yours that make choosing an ad provider a gamble. I no longer accept affiliations with ad distributors without a solid contract because of incidents such as this.

I just simply know he did not defraud you, I dont understand where the mistake was made that lead to you believing this. But he did not defraud your company. I guess because I know this I expect him to get paid for what you owe him. But for some reason you are not even considering the fact that there may be some kind of mistake and have no intentions of paying him the significant amount of money he's earned. I understand that its easy to stand your ground and declare this person to be fraudulent whether you truly believe this or not. But as long as you're going to make the statements you are making this person deserves somebody who knows the facts to stand up and defend him otherwise he's labeled as a thief, and he is certainly not. Send your logs, proof, data to me at john@originalicons.com and if it shows what you're claiming is true I will publicly apologize, denounce kap as an affiliate and encourage people to trust and utilize your services. Otherwise, youre opinions, thoughts and accusations will hold no weight here.

Originally posted by RevenuePilot
Yes thats exactly the point Nitroboy; with such a high volume traffic site as this affiliate boasts one would expect to receive at least some legitimate clicks. However, we received nothing but pure garbage from him and it all originated from one computer, plus we had clicks coming in from him WHILE his site was DOWN. In addition to advertisers complaints received about this affiliates traffic, our anti-fraud team had all the right reasons to believe that his traffic was fraudulent. In fact, we believe our feed was loaded into a clicking program which generated automatic clicks.
haven't you wrote that before, actually many times before?
I mean: you claim that the affiliate has sent you fraudulent clicks. However you can't prove that, nor to us neither to potential affiliates. You just claim it.

I have re-read some parts of your posts:

In one of your posts, you wrote: In the case where our system detects any unusual activity we place the affiliate account under review; please note that we do not cancel the affiliates account unless we are certain that affiliate is sending fraudulent traffic.

However, in an earlier post you wrote: We received a number of complaints from advertisers regarding the traffic quality coming from dollspot affiliate account. As soon as the complaints came in, an internal investigation was immediately launched by our anti-fraud team.

Now I am wondering, is there actually an anti-fraud team?
Or are advertisers the system that has to detect unusual activities themselves? :confused2

Well it does stand to reason based on his traffic that Kap is not not fraudulent. I checked his alexa rank and it is 63,000 which is excellent.

I apoligize if this sounds like a plug, but i also run a similar program called LookPortal (we pay 65% rev share) and being vigilant against fraud is really the most important thing you can do with PPC. But you cannot be over zealous with your systems so that honest partners get the bums rush.

I was just reading about another major PPC Search program who is going through major problems now by refusing to pay a sizable number of thier affiliates saying that a percent of thier traffic at some point was fraudulent. This to me is absolutely ridiculous and they are really just trying to get out of paying thier affiliates because of financial problems. The best way to handle fraud and it does come up is to not show paid results on the clicks that has been decided as Fraud. Our system will look at every click and if fraudent show non paid search results and our partner and us makes zero on that particular click.

Originally posted by Precision
Is it me or has every single person that has posted on this topic disagreed with you Revenue Pilot?
I didn't disagree, I asked for evidence but he was unable to give it

Tracking down cheaters includes much more then just ips. From what I personally remember, ip changing program were available as far back as 1999. Our antifraud system goes trough a set of different variables which goes far beyond simple ip tracking. My management, along with our board of directors, would never allow anyone in the company to disclose details about our antifraud system. We have spent well into the six figure sum on our antifraud system and consider it one of the most important parts of our business due to the nature of our industry. You are entitled to your own opinion; the best proof of our product is the fact that we have thousands of active affiliates who would never work with us if we wouldnt pay them. All of our affiliates are treated with honesty and respect, but like I said before, we do not tolerate cheaters.

Originally posted by WabbyTwax
I just simply know he did not defraud you, I dont understand where the mistake was made that lead to you believing this. But he did not defraud your company. I guess because I know this I expect him to get paid for what you owe him. But for some reason you are not even considering the fact that there may be some kind of mistake and have no intentions of paying him the significant amount of money he's earned. I understand that its easy to stand your ground and declare this person to be fraudulent whether you truly believe this or not. But as long as you're going to make the statements you are making this person deserves somebody who knows the facts to stand up and defend him otherwise he's labeled as a thief, and he is certainly not. Send your logs, proof, data to me at john@originalicons.com and if it shows what you're claiming is true I will publicly apologize, denounce kap as an affiliate and encourage people to trust and utilize your services. Otherwise, youre opinions, thoughts and accusations will hold no weight here.

Last edited:
As Ive previously mentioned, we dont have a myriad of people working for us. However, we do have thousands of active affiliates. In fact, our antifraud team consists of only 4 people. Our system doesnt automatically tell us if we have a cheater, it just raises a red flag, which means that the person at hand is a potential cheater. In the case the system raises a red flag, a member of the anti-fraud team reviews the specific affiliates account and goes over a number of different statistical reports which enable us to determine if the affiliate is sending fraudulent traffic. In Kap case, we had a red flag being raised in the system for his account, however due to the workload we didnt get a chance to review his account until a couple of days later. Also, at around the same time, we started receiving complaints from our advertisers. Now it doesnt take a genius to understand that if a red flag is raised and advertisers start to complain something is amiss. After a member of our anti-fraud team reviewed the detailed reports, it became clear that clicks were all coming from the same pc. As soon as we learned of this we cancelled the account.

Originally posted by nitroboy
haven't you wrote that before, actually many times before?
I mean: you claim that the affiliate has sent you fraudulent clicks. However you can't prove that, nor to us neither to potential affiliates. You just claim it.

I have re-read some parts of your posts:

In one of your posts, you wrote: In the case where our system detects any unusual activity we place the affiliate account under review; please note that we do not cancel the affiliates account unless we are certain that affiliate is sending fraudulent traffic.

However, in an earlier post you wrote: We received a number of complaints from advertisers regarding the traffic quality coming from dollspot affiliate account. As soon as the complaints came in, an internal investigation was immediately launched by our anti-fraud team.

Now I am wondering, is there actually an anti-fraud team?
Or are advertisers the system that has to detect unusual activities themselves? :confused2

Last edited:
I just don't get how I could have your banners on my site for well over a week and not give you 1 legit click. Just doesn't make sense with the amount of traffic I bring in. Sounds to me like you wasted a 6 figure sum on something that doesn't even work. :confused5 Also as the person who's account was cancelled don't I have the right to see all the details of your antifrauds team report?

Last edited:
I also have a problem with RevenuePilot! I just received a October payment from them (affiliate username: addlink ID:1595) and instead of $49 + change I received only $28.77. :mad2: Where is the rest of it? When I checked my account few days ago it showed me that I earned $49+ for the month of October. But few minutes ago I checked the same stats and it tells me now that I earned $28.77. Same thing is for the month of November and December. The earnings have been cut in half. I RECEIVED NO E-MAIL FROM YOU ABOUT IT AT ALL. WHAT IN THE HOLLY HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOU?

Last edited:
Making cuts so they can pay bills and buy their kids presents, but thats okay their allowed to do that. :rolleyes2

Please send email to support@revenuepilot.com and cc me on the email. If in fact you received different amount you will be paid the difference.

Originally posted by addlink
I also have a problem with RevenuePilot! I just received a October payment from them (affiliate username: addlink ID:1595) and instead of $49 + change I received only $28.77. :mad2: Where is the rest of it? When I checked my account few days ago it showed me that I earned $49+ for the month of October. But few minutes ago I checked the same stats and it tells me now that I earned $28.77. Same thing is for the month of November and December. The earnings have been cut in half. I RECEIVED NO E-MAIL FROM YOU ABOUT IT AT ALL. WHAT IN THE HOLLY HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOU?

Here is an example of how your system is good:
www.add-link.net/cgi-b... 211.29.136.13 AU 02:11:29 domain names $0.00 $0.000
www.add-link.net/cgi-b... 206.138.130.2 US 04:31:04 pets $0.06 $0.036
www.add-link.net/cgi-b... 65.65.182.98 US 05:28:05 appliances $0.05 $0.030
www.add-link.net/cgi-b... 162.84.146.13 US 06:59:07 diet $0.13 $0.078
www.add-link.net/cgi-b... 67.80.164.232 US 09:21:41 flowers $0.00 $0.000
Rows in orange - a click is coming from an open proxy IP and such clicks are forbidden.
Rows in pink - unusually excessive amount of clicks by a single user.

Those are actual clicks for October 22.2003. HOW MANY CLICKS ON THAT KEYWORD DO YOU SEE FROM THE SAME IP ADDRESS? :confused2 HOW COME THAT ALL OF THE TRAFFIC FROM AUSTRALIA IS MARKED AS OPEN PROXY IP's? DO YOU WANT ME TO GO DEEPER THAN THAT????????
I think that six figure sum for that antifraud system is a little bit too much for the software that DOESN'T WORK like it's supposed to work.

One more thing. If you guys did this to your loyal affiliate (since 08/2001) then what this system is doing to the new affiliates.

Ya I don't get this system they have going. I was bringing in like 500 clicks a day and only like 1/2 were counting. Then they claimed all my traffic was coming from 1 pc, which I can't understand.

I know Kap, that is why I posted those actual clicks just to prove them wrong. Plus that over 40% of the total clicks from my search engine have disappeared from their system.

Back