• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Revenue Pilot :( Help!!!

In this dispute I see that the TOS is involved here more so than, anything else.

Basically they can say you send fraudulent traffic, not pay and you have no recourse.

I would be wary of this program and only join if you are more or less desperate.

Try Google's Adsense: http://www.google.com/adsense/ their team is very responsive and is nothing but, professional.

Good luck to you! :bandit2:

Yes I have heard of adsense. They are much better than any other program (A number greater than infinite times better than Revenue Pilot) at being professional and helpful. But we have a low CPC with them and make very little even though we send alot of clicks. No worries, we have found another program that suits us perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Our network currently has over 10,000 affiliates, with new members joining everyday. In the case where our system detects any unusual activity we place the affiliate account under review; please note that we do not cancel the affiliates account unless we are certain that affiliate is sending fraudulent traffic. Since Im constantly in touch with my colleagues in the industry I can tell you for sure that 3 weeks is not a long time to discover and cancel the cheater, in fact its pretty good response time.

Originally posted by nitroboy
actually I'm quite impressed people can send "fraudulent" clicks for about 3 weeks until they get caught :rolleyes:

Originally posted by RevenuePilot
Our network currently has over 10,000 affiliates, with new members joining everyday. In the case where our system detects any unusual activity we place the affiliate account under review; please note that we do not cancel the affiliates account unless we are certain that affiliate is sending fraudulent traffic. Since Im constantly in touch with my colleagues in the industry I can tell you for sure that 3 weeks is not a long time to discover and cancel the cheater, in fact its pretty good response time.
what does fraudulent traffic mean in this particular case (~dollspot) ?

here I took qome quote's from your earlier post(s)
While analyzing the past traffic, our anti-fraud team also tried accessing affiliates site, but it was inaccessible. Subsequently, it became clear that the traffic was completely fraudulent.
how long was the site inaccessible? just on that moment someone of the anti-fraud team checked the site? or has it been checked daily, and repeatedly all day (meaning during the morning, midday, evening, and night)
(I just ask you this question as my host sometimes upgrade hardware of software, which means my site won't be accessible either for at least 1 hour or even more)
so as consequence that the site was inaccessible, you conclude that the traffic was fraudulent? or did I miss something?

Furthermore, dollpsot started sending traffic (the same fraudulent traffic) from another url, thus trying to bypass our filters.
here again you mention fraudulent traffic without explaining what exactly happened

Eventually, when you changed the keywords on your site, it seems you also added some kind of a spyware download to your site and if your site visitor with an Internet Explorer browser choeses not to download the spyware and clicked NO he gets asked again and again until the pop up shuts down his browser or until the browser freezes. Since at that time our analysts became certain that your traffic was fraudulent we immediately canceled the affiliate account.
here you link annoying popups and spyware with fraudulent traffic?

Last edited:
Exactly my point. Revenue Pilot - why is it that everyone is against you and believes you guys are a bunch of manipulating fools? It can't just be me. Everything you say is utter bull. Your argument is horrible, probably from the fact that you are wrong and I am right. From this posts and several others I will make around the internet, I hope to spread warning of your scandalous ways.

Fraudulent traffic means traffic that is artificially generated. While I
cannot disclose the fine details I can tell you that we have a number of filters in place that are running in the background at all times. Some run in real time while others are batch run filters. Filters detect things such as mouse positioning, ips, cookies, etc. In dollspots case, we found that clicks coming from his account were generated by software which resided on one pc and was simply changing ips, all clicks were made in exactly the same part of the screen. In the real world each user clicks on different parts of the screen. This is as much as I can discuss about our filters due to our efforts to combat dishonest webmasters just like him.

While I cant tell you the exact number of times our antifraud team tried visiting his site, I can tell you that it was more than once. The problem was not in the fact that his site was down while we tried visiting it; the problem was that we still had clicks coming in from him WHILE his site was DOWN.

Once again, spyware had nothing to do with fraudulent clicks it simply made it harder for real visitors to visit his site. Fraudulent clicks were coming from a completely different source, namely, software which was installed on a single machine and had nothing to do with his site.

what does fraudulent traffic mean in this particular case (~dollspot) ?

here I took qome quote's from your earlier post(s)
how long was the site inaccessible? just on that moment someone of the anti-fraud team checked the site? or has it been checked daily, and repeatedly all day (meaning during the morning, midday, evening, and night)
(I just ask you this question as my host sometimes upgrade hardware of software, which means my site won't be accessible either for at least 1 hour or even more)
so as consequence that the site was inaccessible, you conclude that the traffic was fraudulent? or did I miss something?

here again you mention fraudulent traffic without explaining what exactly happened

here you link annoying popups and spyware with fraudulent traffic?

I swear to my mother we did not artificially generate traffic. Did you ever think this could of happened because one of the ads were in an iframe? No I didn't think so. I am not dishonest, you are dishonest. It is affiliates like you who make publishers wary to join programs. Also did you ever think sometimes the site gets so much traffic, that the site may be slowed down and not down 100 %. This is because we have our configuration so if we get too much traffic at a time, it only lets a certain number of people into the site - the rest outside this number have slow loading webpages. This happens until traffic is back to normal, what you saw when your team of "experts" went to the site was a traffic spike. Definition: Spike in Traffic, are you circulating any of this information through your mind yet Rev Pilot? I should expect as much from an affiliate program no one has ever heard of, your "anti fraud" system is useless and sucks at determining fraudelent clicks. Once again you with hold information from us because your proof is a bunch of bull. Thanks for letting me combat your excuse for an argument once again.

I have an interesting idea:

Lets say you hate Person X. And you know Person X has a website. Then VB a program that click his ads for a week and he'll lose his revenue.

Smart eh... :devious2:

Seriously tho, one thing I may suggest:
Log the IP from the one accessing the account to check the stats and the IP that is making fake clicks and compare them. While not 100% fool-proof, it may help reduce fraud.

Your suggestion actually makes sense! I am just not sure that at this moment we record ips of the people who check stats, but it is a good idea

Originally posted by Wojtek
I have an interesting idea:

Lets say you hate Person X. And you know Person X has a website. Then VB a program that click his ads for a week and he'll lose his revenue.

Smart eh... :devious2:

Seriously tho, one thing I may suggest:
Log the IP from the one accessing the account to check the stats and the IP that is making fake clicks and compare them. While not 100% fool-proof, it may help reduce fraud.

Your suggestion actually makes sense! I am just not sure that at this moment we record ips of the people who check stats, but it is a good idea
It would have made more sense if you were 99.99% sure the abuse was coming from the user, before terminating their account.

Jan,

We did what any other sensible network would do in our case. The Publisher was found abusing our network; hence his account was terminated in a timely fashion. Even given the remote possibility that someone else was clicking excessively on his ad, which I personally doubt, we should have still seen a great deal of legitimate clicks coming from his account since according to him he enjoys a lot of visitors. Clearly, this wasnt the case.

Before canceling his account our anti-fraud team did review all the
available information. Like I said before, we are not a one sided company; we are obligated to care for both publishers and advertisers. In this case we were simply protecting our advertisers from not a very honest publisher.

regards,

Originally posted by Jan
It would have made more sense if you were 99.99% sure the abuse was coming from the user, before terminating their account.

Jan,

We did what any other sensible network would do in our case. The Publisher was found abusing our network; hence his account was terminated in a timely fashion. Even given the remote possibility that someone else was clicking excessively on his ad, which I personally doubt, we should have still seen a great deal of legitimate clicks coming from his account since according to him he enjoys a lot of visitors. Clearly, this wasnt the case.

Before canceling his account our anti-fraud team did review all the
available information. Like I said before, we are not a one sided company; we are obligated to care for both publishers and advertisers. In this case we were simply protecting our advertisers from not a very honest publisher.

regards,

Wow how stupid are you? You say I don't get alot of visiters why don't you go check a few of my sites counters?

http://www.mvtracker.com/stats.php?l=dollspot1
http://t.extreme-dm.com/?login=doll86

Hmm thats funny when I look at those its clearly displays a very large number of visiters. Also maybe if possible could I please see a copy of this "anti-fraud team review" maybe that could answer some of my questions because so far you have given me a whole lot of bs with nothing to back it up.

I really think you should to get your facts straight for once.
Thanks, Kyle

3-5% ctr depends on day of the week, not to bad. Currently we have this downloader popup thing on the site and about 1 out of every 5 visiters installs it. I am making over 100$ a day from it. If you are interested and your site gets over 2000 unique hits a day, I can get you all hooked up, since I am friends with the company owner. Its by far the best paying advertising scheme I have ever used.

Thanks, Kyle

Yes thats exactly the point Nitroboy; with such a high volume traffic site as this affiliate boasts one would expect to receive at least some legitimate clicks. However, we received nothing but pure garbage from him and it all originated from one computer, plus we had clicks coming in from him WHILE his site was DOWN. In addition to advertisers complaints received about this affiliates traffic, our anti-fraud team had all the right reasons to believe that his traffic was fraudulent. In fact, we believe our feed was loaded into a clicking program which generated automatic clicks.

Over the span of my career with Revenuepilot as well as my earlier years that I spent with other companies, I personally have seen many different tricks and ruses that ranged from people registering with sites they didnt own to people creating nice looking high traffic sites and trying to abuse the system. Unfortunately, fighting fraud has always been and
always will be a critical part of this business.

I also want you to understand that its not my job to post on message boards like this, I do it at my own free will since I am dedicated to helping publishers and advertisers as much as I can. Our anti-fraud teams job is not to post on message boards but rather to protect our advertisers. Like most technology companies, we dont have a myriad of people working for us and therefore we have to use our existing resources wisely in order to achieve a competitive edge.

I am always open to discussions since there is always a possibility we may have misjudged a situation, after all. nobody is perfect. However, after the fraudulent activity of this affiliate has became quite clear to us and after taking the abuse of having my colleagues and myself called monkeys, stupid, etc. I have no desire left whatsoever to further discuss this matter. In fact, I would recommend Kap and his partner to first get acquainted with some basic etiquette and proper manners of conversation.

actually I am quite impressed by these statistics :)
what was your CTR approx.?

and when reading RevenuePilot's post, I think that someone who is actually more involved with the anti-fraud team would be more helpful in this case as this guy here (from RevenuePilot) always writes the same: seems to be the standard "excuse" when they cancel someone's account

Back