• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PS3 will you buy it for $500? [merged]

Lol you guys didn't know? Yea, I missed out on the xbox 360 shortage and I'm not going to miss out on this one!

The first shipment to NA will cover all of the preorders and just have a tiny bit left over. And the 2nd shipment isn't due until next year sometimes. So there is a gap of a few months where NA will be PS3-less and that's where people like me come in!

There's only 400,000 PS3s expected in the first shipment IIRC. The PS2 launch had 500,000.

I preordered 4 and I plan to sell 3 on ebay and they will run for about 1300 USD and up.
I've got bad news for you. You can only sell 1 ps3 preorder on ebay :)

I will not buy the ps3. never liked the playstation.
However I will buy the HD DVD addon for my x360, if reviews say picture quality is similar to other hd dvd players.

Yup, Sony is purposefully making the supplies short in stores so people will have to wait a bit more and anticipate them coming out! :D

That's marketing for you, don't remember if Nintendo did it, but Sony/Microsoft did it with the PS2/XBox

screw Sony. i am sticking with xbox.
now, if they come out with a great game like halo for PS3, then i might consider it. Halo is the only reason i got an xbox. other than that, i dont really care. dont even have a 360 yet. i will get one when Halo 3 comes out. till then, i am content with my regular xbox.

why would you spend $500 on a PS3 you could spend $500 on a better computer, or a Nintendo Wii, and 360 is even cheaper than that. XBox 360 got the contract for most of the major games from PS3. Hence Sony is going to die eventually in the gaming market :p

Um.... you can't buy a computer for $500 that's more powerful than a PS3. The PS3 is probably better than your current set-up, probably many times over infact.

If you can't afford it wait for a year or so and the price will most likely have halved, simply because it becomes cheaper to mass produce the hardware.

I wonder if I can still preorder and sell it on ebay? You guys have any idea if they'll still let you preorder?
I'd never buy it to play, I don't have time for that anymore. I still have a PS2 that I only touched twice or something. Anyone wana buy that? Comes with bundles of games, memory, stand, and extra controller. $350.00

I am on the fence of buying 5 and selling them or not. I just don't know if we could make enough profit to make it worthwhile.

Playstation 3 US Launch - Worth It?

I do not keep up with the wide world of video gaming very much, but I do know this Friday marks the release of the PS3 in the US. Demands are high and of course, supplies are low.

My question is, do you think its worth it to camp out and snag a few of the systems and resell them on eBay? Right now it looks like they are mostly going for over a grand USD each for the 60gb versions. I think I may buy anywhere from 3-10 of the 60gb versions and resell them all on ebay that day.

For those of you who are smart in these video gaming affairs, do you think its worth it? I will have to split profits b/w each person that camps with me so it won't be all for me. Just not sure if there is any chance that eBay prices will crash on release day....

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it, I have already heard of people in Japan paying 3x times the retail price to get their hands on one. Just make sure you get the 60gb version, demand for the 20gb version is not as you would imagine.

Back