• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pretty lame I must say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt8 said:
I know a lot of people want this forum to be a nice spammy loony bin chat room, but not all of us. If people don't follow the rules, this forum will be a madhouse.
Well said! And that is why we have warned for the same rules for years. We have added a couple more over time, but that comes to all growing forums with increased population.

The complaint of this thread was that we did not allow him to spam his site in that thread and warned him. Until those who complain about that understand that we don't allow it, then I say we keep it closed for a while.

This site gets more visitors, more posts and more new members than one year ago. The number of monthly posts have almost doubled. Not sure why some think this site is not as active as it used to be. The stats show that it is much more active now. During summer it is always less active than the rest of the year, people are away on vacations etc. But activity has increased greatly since last year.

[JSH]John said:
I agree with warning/temp banning/banning users that just come here to spam but users like me and others that have been around here for a while they should have some lighter rules for, suggest instead of warning or temp banning, it just annoys people and makes them not want to post as much as they used to or just move on to other forums similar to this.
Why should "users like you" get preferential treatment? The rules are forum wide. Okay if you have been a model member for some time and had a slip up, we might send an alert to remind you of the rules, but the rules apply to all, and that includes mods :)

The Longest Thread, while almighty in the influence of our morale, was meant for [relative] stupidity, not spamming. It's not an advertising thread. We have whole forums dedicated to that. Go there.

However, while I'm not contesting the foreign language rule, can we lift that for "spam" and test threads?

It's all very simple.

I'm still here. Thus this place rules.

Anyone who disagrees? Yeah, I'll punch him (or her...equal opportunity) in the neck.

holydevil said:
lol even i got warned for just suggesting my site not even a refferal link or something, a site which is owned by me

it went like this
a guy posted of 2 know some proxy site
some ppl suggested my site Ok thats cool
but since my site was down that guy posted my site isnt workin
after a day coz of server ---- i posted in the same thread that my site was up and you can now visit

NOW guys pls tell where was i wrong

i was just tell my site was UP and u can visit it

MODS & ADMIN pls STOP being so strict, its not a military camp, its juat a forum where ppl share their site and YA also suggest so if u start givin warning for suggesting your own site that will be a BIG ----

The rule that you are not allowed to post ytour site has been there for a while now, it came up before NetCafe and Hotwheelz were banned. (Not sure if you've known NetCafe/HotWheelz.)

Guru

On a preemptive note, you do not have free speech on these forums because you don't own these forums, so let's not get into that ;)

I only mentioned that the rule came up before they were banned and not that it had to do with either of them being banned...

I don't get why people are all up in arms about a simple warning or locked thread. Big deal if it gets closed, start another one or go have a batch of waffles to make you feel better.

I've been warned before on both here and WHT, I figured out what I had done wrong, even though I have read the rules many times, said my apologies , and learned in the process.

This forum HAS to be strict because of the younger audience otherwise the same group of people will continue to cry and insult each other until the internet doesnt exist anymore.

Rules are made for a reason, if you don't like it start your own forum or join another one.

Mr. Johnson said:
Hottweelz wasn't banned for posting his own site. I believe he insulted Peo and didn't apologize.
Jan 'made a poor choice of words' and Hottweelz read too much into it. That sparked it, and it went downhill from there. It was pointless in my opinion, but whatever he wanted to do...

I think the members who break the rules and whine about getting a warning for it have forgotten about the rest of the members. It's not in the best interest of the forum or it's members to allow some members to break any rule they wish. It's why we have rules and why we enforce the rules.

Mr. Johnson said:
FWS is starting to forget that it's nothing without members.
It's because of the members, current and impending, that we remain coinsistant :classic2: No matter the forum, you will always have a few that don't like rules in any form and will complain the loudest if they are pulled up because they broke a rule or six.

People should not use the closed "Longest Thread Ever" to "complain" about being criticized for spamming.

It seems that they do not really care about whether the longest thread is closed or not. And even if it's closed for ANY reason, as members of the forum, we still should respect the admins'/mods' decision.

Also, what matters to them is just "losing face" for being criticized.
And, if "people" act like "if you admins don't give up to us, we leave",
I will suggest them leave.

===============
"people" and "they" and their forms refer to the members who break the rules of this forum, and are never pointed at anyone.

I am just telling my own opinion.

I don't think the problem is the mods, in fact, I think we could use more mods on here. Just this morning I already found two spam posts. You can't imagine how much I hate seeing that. TLTE was never a spam thread, so give that up, and stop tyring to convince yourself that so that you can sleep at night. End of story. There were some people like Johnson who spammed their stupid sites hundreds of times in TLTE, and it was really really (insanely) stupid, and there is no way the mods should open that stupid and pointless thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back