• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pretty lame I must say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I could see how the younger ones could be effecting the enjoyability of this forum... although sometimes made it enjoyable ;)

I'm only 13 (turning 14), Sorry if i make this forum a unmature place, please tell me if i do something that makes the forum unmature?

Sorry :(
But I cant get Google Spell check on Opera:(
Is there something simliar?

Thirteen-year-olds must not be very good at spelling (I'm 14.)

Now this isn't vouching for any of my spelling on the rest of the forum...

OFF TOPICS - This is another thing people do and most dont realize it. I love when someone just sees the heading on the index page and just looks at the last post and then replys with something that has no meaning to the 1st.

I posted that my domain has finally got a PR of 2 and I get warned for self-promotion pretty much instantly after posting it, and then I contact Peo, call the phone number in whois, email, PM for ----ing 2 months offering almost triple on the advertisment and I haven't got any sign of life-form from the forum admins regarding it, yet.

a little off topic here i see. lets get back on subject, or we might as well have this thread closed. i feel people like Nugi and Kealge, although younger, do a fine job at being mature for their age. ii feel that we should take a close look at new members and crack down on them for doing wrong things a little more than members that have been here for a while and that are very active in things other than spamming. maybe like a trial period or something. if they screw up so many times within the first three months, then ban them sort of thing. just an idea, not expecting that as an actual solution though. age also should not be a factor in this instance. if you are a jerk, it doesn't matter how old you are, you will still be a jerk. :p

I am starting to see bigger businesses over powering the little ones, this may be good or bad. I used to like seeing people try to sell there small website, domain or a script now the ads & offers is all about big business and revenue.

I agree that immaturity is the main problem on these forums. But what can we do about it, huh? I was immature in the past - I wouldn't have liked to be banned or warned for it. I'd have probably just made another one of these threads.

Another solution is to make use of the bad rep button, but I feel that could be a form of bullying?

It's very hard to get over that problem.

Now I did not intend to cause this thread to turn into an age bashing or comparison thread. Really, I believe age has little to do with it, as maturity level is seperate.

I know a lot of people want this forum to be a nice spammy loony bin chat room, but not all of us. If people don't follow the rules, this forum will be a madhouse.

I also do not think that people that have been here awhile should be apart of this "elite" class that nothing applies to. It just so happens however, that those of us who have been here awhile know what slides and what doesn't. The amount of how much you can "get away with" in reality is probably about the same as it always has been. We are just used to the rules.

And some are blatantly disobeyed a lot. If you break the rules, new or old, you SHOULD be held responsible.

One to keep in mind,
FWS Rules said:
This is a discussion forum, not a chat room.

/my 2 cents

The longest thread ever is not and have never been intended for spamming your site. The rules of this forum apply to all sections of the forum. We've said this many times before.

This is not the only webhosting site that is suffering, Im not sure what it is. If the webhosting business is going down or if people are bored of forums. Or It may just be the serveral forums I follow that are slowly decressing.

If this is what is happening we will just need to remember the good times we had here at FWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back