• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

posts count

...we would be removing those posts.
Are you saying you're just going to leave them? Sorry, but what you need are more moderators that actually moderate, not some excuse that allows you to just not do anything.

Originally posted by Dusty
Are you saying you're just going to leave them? Sorry, but what you need are more moderators that actually moderate, not some excuse that allows you to just not do anything.

That's your take of it, and I don't agree with your conclusion. Trust me, we're not looking for an excuse to do nothing... :) We will definately continue to moderate the general forum.

Most other forums have less moderators than we do. Sure we can add one more or maybe two, but it really would not change anything. I don't think the people participating here are looking for the dictatorship type of moderation...

Most other forums also do not count posts made to it's general forum.

It's easy for you to say which threads and posts should be removed in post-increase abuses, but from experience very often it's not that easy at all. Since those posts are often disguised as something else and honest posts sometimes look like post-increase abuse. This irritates people who think someone is spamming. Especially in the general forum, where every topic is allowed.

For instance, now there are a lot of posts in this forum since the change that could easily be taken as post-count abuse if we did not know that it infact is not.

Again, I think this is worth a try and so far it's been good. People are still visiting this part of the forum. I haven't seen any increase of post-count abuse in the other forums. And I haven't seen anyone accuse someone of post-count spamming in this forum... :)

Originally posted by Peo

That's your take of it, and I don't agree with your conclusion. Trust me, we're not looking for an excuse to do nothing... :) We will definately continue to moderate the general forum.
"We" only seems to be you, Todd, and Chicken. Where's everyone else?

Originally posted by Peo

Most other forums have less moderators than we do. Sure we can add one more or maybe two, but it really would not change anything. I don't think the people participating here are looking for the dictatorship type of moderation...
However, it's not dictatorship-like moderation if its violation of the rules. If it's clearly in violation of the rules, then the thread should be locked, but at times, there's no one to lock the thread and it continues.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
However, it's not dictatorship-like moderation if its violation of the rules. If it's clearly in violation of the rules, then the thread should be locked, but at times, there's no one to lock the thread and it continues.
That's what the 'Report this post to a moderator' link is for on the messages. Every post that's reported is at least looked at. In fact the last few posts that were reported were dealt with in under a minute. A few times I just got the email and went to take care of it and Peo has already locked the thread or removed it.

I don't think there is a moderation problem nor do I see an increased amount of junk posts in other forums. Before you criticize the moderation of the forum you should try the Report this post link, because I know a few people complaining haven't reported a single problem in the last few months.

That's not directed at you Hayama-kun but rather it's intended to be a general comment.

Back