• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

php on the desktop?

Lucky13

I need to know if there's a way to make a php page my wallpaper on Windows 98. If anyone can help me, I'd love to hear what you have to say. Thanks

~Lucky13

Go in to your display properties window. Click on the web tab. Then check the box 'view my active desktop as a web page' and click new.

Originally posted by Phrozen
Go in to your display properties window. Click on the web tab. Then check the box 'view my active desktop as a web page' and click new.
Then just type in the url.

well I got it to work, but none of the acutual PHP works...I need some kind of server, right? Is it possible to get one?

Originally posted by Lucky13
well I got it to work, but none of the acutual PHP works...I need some kind of server, right? Is it possible to get one?

Check your windows installation CD for something called Personal Web Server.

goto download.com, look for "TinyWeb Server". Best web server, be sure to read installation on the site. it supports php, no SSI tho.

Sigh...I have PHP installed on my machine, but now it wants Apache, also....is there a way to bypass this step and still make it work?

Hey...this thread is being forgotten, and I dont want it to be, since I still need an answer =)

I need to know how I can make a PHP webpage my wallpaper on W98. I can make the actual page the wallpaper, but none of the scripts work. I DO have PHP installed on my machine. Any ideas? Thanks.

~Lucky13

Back