• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Organizing Programs Menu in WIN 98...

ViEtGuRL

OK, this may sound like a really dumb question, but I was wondering how do u like organize ure programs folder in ure start menu? Like how do u reorganize the order of which the programs and stuff like that appear in the menu? U know what I mean? Like if I want my folders/programs in my Programs menu like in alphabetical order or something?

Re: Re: Organizing Programs Menu in WIN 98...

Originally posted by el crapo

Right-Click>>Sort by Name
arghh i'm more dumb. I didn't know such a feature existed in Microsoft Windows in the start menu.:eek:

Well, I feel dumb... I have been angry at microsoft for some time now for not automatically alphabetizing my programs menu.

Re: Re: Re: Organizing Programs Menu in WIN 98...

Originally posted by Toefur

Holy crap... how long has that feature been there for?! :eek:
I never knew it existed either...

i guess we really never look at the simple things in life....

then again, microsofts software is never simple :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Did you know if you goto Start>Settings and hold the CTRL Button before click on Taskbar and Start Menu Options, you will be presented with three tabs. A desktop option tab that Microsoft never completed. Amazing? Yup.

God Bless America!

Originally posted by LeX
Are you all serious?!?! :eek: Gads, you too, Phrozen?! double:eek:
Yes, me too. I just don't search for features that I have absolutely no use for.

Last edited:
Originally posted by thuglife
Did you know if you goto Start>Settings and hold the CTRL Button before click on Taskbar and Start Menu Options, you will be presented with three tabs. A desktop option tab that Microsoft never completed. Amazing? Yup.

God Bless America!
You can hold ctrl and right click on the taskbar and click on 'properties' to the same effect.

ummm I forgot...WinME can't do this trick, tested it out on my old Win98 laptop

DeskBar Options?

Wonder what desktop stuff is that, Microsoft sure didn't know how to hide it then.

Back