• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NETCABINS

It's simple though - for some people they wont make the sacrifice and will use someone else with no pop-ups.

Nbci is still pop-up free, and they're a hell of a lot faster than some FWP's WITH pop-ups. Of course, that could only be because they're rich up to their ears.

Originally posted by Cracker
Nbci is still pop-up free, and they're a hell of a lot faster than some FWP's WITH pop-ups. Of course, that could only be because they're rich up to their ears.
Frames are almost just as bad in my opinion. Yes, I know I am picky, but when I compare any host with the best (F2S), nothing seems to compare.

Originally posted by Coolin
Frames are almost just as bad in my opinion.

They're good if your site itself uses frames. That way, you don't have to put up with an advertisement in every one of your frames, and you don't have to put up with pop-ups either. Plus, your HTML remains untampered with as well, due to the fact that the advertisement doesn't really appear "on" your pages. That's why I like Nbci, because I know that the HTML for my pages on Nbci is going to be EXACTLY THE SAME AS the HTML for the pages on my computer's hard drive.

[Edited by Cracker on 04-07-2001 at 12:11 PM]

NC_TOM;

Personally, I don't mind the pop-ups, even on each page, as long as they're singular. Nothing sux like going to a site where the pop-ups continuously spawn babies on your browser and refuse to die.

I've been a free webster (hate the terms: WEBMASTER or WEBMISTRESS) since '99 and prefer my webspace provider to make their money off of ads rather than me. I've kept my pages at Crosswinds, Tripod, Freeyellow, Homestead and Angelfire through thick and thin. I prefer them to have pop-ups or footers. This leaves the top banner space for me, if I choose. Only when they start piling on the pop-ups, do I move on to another webspace provider.

Now, that my son is teaching me about CGI and other scripts, I'm choosing my providers more cautiously.

There's no such thing as a free lunch! I can't wait until Netcabins back up. I hope you get rich!

Mike Taylor

Don't have anything of intrest. Just some design and tutorials. But soon, I'm going to have some files to upload. Programs I made. Some stupid chat programm, but if NBCI would own that...

boo

sounds like a briliant service and then you go and mention ads, i suppose you have to get income from somewhere, but ads suck, will you be offering an upgrade (£) with no ads and if so at what cost?

i dont think i read anything about space either??

Thanks

Iain

Originally posted by LeX
Really, though, I don't think NC_TOM's doing this to profit from it.

I think he is:

Originally posted by NC_TOM
Besides, we're looking to make a profit, not just stay open.

And there's nothing like that. The company looking to make a profit usually provides the best service.

Re: boo

Originally posted by crashcarstar
i dont think i read anything about space either??
Before they closed down, Netcabins offered 12 megs of space initially and allowed you to upgrade to 60 megs.

Originally posted by Chris
Originally posted by LeX
Really, though, I don't think NC_TOM's doing this to profit from it.

I think he is:

Originally posted by NC_TOM
Besides, we're looking to make a profit, not just stay open.

And there's nothing like that. The company looking to make a profit usually provides the best service. [/B]
So he is... well, he wasn't trying to profit from it before, was he? :confused: Dunno. I'll keep quiet.

Back