• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NETCABINS

Coolin, Phrozen

I am sorry, it was my fault. It was forgotten that in English a negation spreads on all verbs of the sentence.

Re: Coolin, Phrozen

Originally posted by xyst
It was forgotten that in English a negation spreads on all verbs of the sentence.
What's that supposed to mean? :confused:
Sorry for asking, because I flunked English... :p

I'd like to speak out a thought on FWH before answering LeX.

It now, after finished activity of many FWPs, is clear that the stone on which they stand has proved too small. I mean banners and popups, i.e. advertising. The Internet only has proved that all that are not efficient. It will be unreasonable to begin or try to continue using ads for profit in the Internet. If free services would like to survive, they should use something other. Referal fees, I think, the only possibility.

As to negation. In some languages can be more than one negations in a sentence. In the Russian for example.

[Edited by xyst on 04-02-2001 at 02:20 PM]

ads

Well, since bootbox apparently took a crap (ie dissapeared off the face of the earth), I need a host that has php/mysql/domain hosting. Netcabins looks like a good one, depending on what kind of ads. If it has popups, nobody will host there because popups are the incarnation of the devil. I don't like top ads, but bottom ads, button ads, or text link ads would be great. A text-link ad really carries more oomph because it looks like the site owner himself wrote the ad, instead of some ad that someone else made splatted onto the screen in the middle of someone's website. Since everyone ignores banners, wouldn't it be a good idea to try to integrate ads with content a little (because the ad and the content are written in the same medium)?

just my .02

I don't think you need to worry that much. Netcabins was using user placable ads before they shut down. I think they will keep that advertising policy. But they may not...

With the features they're gonna have, I ain't gonna complain what kinda ads they have.

Even adds forced at the top do not bother me much - especially considering the features.
As long as they are not pop-ups (or pop-behinds) I can see this been a great service.

to NC_TOM
Any ideas when you guys going to open up?right now I'm with f2s, but they don't have domainhosting.
(to everybody)
Anybody knows or digitalrice has? In the serach it says it does, but at digitalrice I can find anything in that direction.

We plan on having popups be at least our main form of advertising. However, we do listen to our customers and it seems that some of you would have a big problem with popups. We will consider other options. Banners honestly cannot hold up a free web host anymore. Besides, we're looking to make a profit, not just stay open. Advertising is not our only source of revenue, we have other areas that will generate us extra income. This extra income is enough that we can afford to offer the type of hosting that we offer.

Keep this in mind NC TOM: Nobody likes popups! If I see one, it's closed before it even loads. I also have this nice progy called WebWasher. With that, you can disable ALL pop-up ads.

I think an advert at the top of the page is much better.
You could chose this with hypermart/virtualave which made their adds far less annoying.

Honestly tho, IMO one banner fine by me, 2 banners, thats still alright by me, even 3 banners, fine I'll accomodate them somehow.

But pop ups? No way man!

suggestion

Isn't there another way to organize the ads ?
I was thinking about a system were the user can organize the ads himself, but he has to send 10% of his traffic to the ads system !

An example: a site on netcabins receives 30 000 visit/month when there are less then 3000 clicks on the ads, the account will be de-activated for a moth. The user can choose himself how and where he places the ads ...

Any comments ?

You can try pop-behinds and use cookies so that it won't show up for another 2~3 hours.

Honestly, popups are awful. But it would be even scarier if a popup pops up on every single page... *shudders*

Originally posted by LeX
You can try pop-behinds and use cookies so that it won't show up for another 2~3 hours.

Honestly, popups are awful. But it would be even scarier if a popup pops up on every single page... *shudders*
That's why I left Tripod... Their top banners are also ugly, so i didn't use them.

Like everyone is saying everywhere... free things online are dying! If you want a decent free service... make a little sacrifice here and there. A popup is a popup, if ya don't like it... go pay :)

I bet half the people that don't wont popups, just wanna put their own popuptraffic ones on their sites anyway ;)

Back