• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NETCABINS

coming back i believe (don't quote me please; even though someone will do it just to piss me off)

We're coming back. It will take awhile still though.

We are re-doing everything related to our service. We will still be feature-packed, and we will be much more reliable than before. We'll be different, in a good way.

This time around we'll have a much faster connection on a much more reliable server, with daily backups. I am now part owner of DataBlocks.net and we are sharing a server with DataBlocks. It's configured to run smoothly with no problems under a large amount of users.

We will have ASP, MySQL, CGI, PHP, FTP, a web control panel, web upload, and much more available when we re-open.

Our mistake last time around was that we opened and started offering services BEFORE we were ready to!

While all of our members were using our services, we were still working on things in the background. We were working on security issues and enabling other things. It was like moving into a house before they put the roof on. The service was good most of the time, but there were times when the rain came down and things were awful because we were installing things, etc.

This time, EVERYTHING should be ready before we re-open. I can't say exactly when that will be, but it should be during April.

I forgot to mention, we will still provide subdomain and international domain hosting. :)

We shelled out the cash to get Chili!Soft ASP for Unix, so ASP will be one of the many benefits you will get from us compared to other hosts.

We will still have ads. We're not positive of what kind yet. More info will be available when we open.

What?

He means when we open, we will have great services. I guess maybe this went right over your head..

So, when r u guys gonna open up again?

Cuz right now, I'm hesitating about if I ought to ftp my whole site to another new host after my old one f*cked up. If you'r gonna open soon, I'll just wait for it.

To NC_TOM

>This time, EVERYTHING should be ready before we re-open.

The main threat, as I see, is the bandwich thiefs.
Also, if you remember, - missing of suEXEC. Without it hosting is nothing at all.
It would be great, if you return to at least the netcabins' quotas of disk space, i mean from datablock standards.
By the way the TOS of datablocks is the most awful thing i've ever seen. Your one was different.

Please don't be like Datablocks and put those ugly popups on users' sites. Even with all those nice features, I wouldn't host there if I saw popups on my site while it's on your server. I'm sure others wouldn't host there too.

Coolin

>Please don't be like Datablocks and put those ugly popups
>on users' sites. Even with all those nice features, I
>wouldn't host there if I saw popups on my site while it's
>on your server.

I hope your words address not to me. I am not a competitor of Datablocks at all i.e. not a FWP.

[Edited by xyst on 04-01-2001 at 10:13 AM]

Originally posted by Phrozen
I believe Coolin's statement was to Tom of Netcabins.
It was. I'm sorry for anything in my post that was not clear. I would be happy to clear them up for you.

Back