• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Myacen raised prices!

The better packages still stayed the same price. and there resellers are still the same. I support this, I have been wanting to move to them, but before I do I want to see how Yupapa will be after there move. Myacen will end up being one of the better hosting companies.

Now it is time to get a reseller and host...

Originally posted by cheatpark
Are you suggesting that their service and support is bad? From what I've heard its the best.

You've probably heard wrong!!! It's good , sometimes bad , but not the best!

Originally posted by cheatpark
Well I haven't heard anything bad about them on these forums.

There is a huge distance between "I haven't heard anything bad" and "it's the best". I was talking about the "it's the best" , you wrote in a previous post!

I'm currently hosted with them now so...

I was hosted with TeraByte before and they have great support: quick responses, ...

OK, they had some downtime too but not for eg 5 days

Also with Myacen: they moved my account, without any notification. I just got an email with my new account information. Some parts aren't working anymore (subdomains eg), there's very little information about the plesk CP....

From everyone I know that has had Myacen they say that the email responses are slow, but myacen says its because they are having problems with there mail servers.

Originally posted by Mika

You've probably heard wrong!!! It's good , sometimes bad , but not the best!

And what evidence have you got to support these claims? We are having problems with our email server. Thus why we are going to be routing everything into a ticket submission program.

I was under the impression that prices were going to be increased because Myacen wanted to switch off of Rackshack?:confused:

Originally posted by [lhomme]
I was under the impression that prices were going to be increased because Myacen wanted to switch off of Rackshack?:confused:

We are switching off rackshack.

I just noticed that the prices have gone back to the earlier prices, in the Myacen site. Or did I load from my browser's cache ? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dieter
I'm currently hosted with them now so...

I was hosted with TeraByte before and they have great support: quick responses, ...

OK, they had some downtime too but not for eg 5 days

Also with Myacen: they moved my account, without any notification. I just got an email with my new account information. Some parts aren't working anymore (subdomains eg), there's very little information about the plesk CP....

I am hosted by Myacen, too, and I am having trouble also. I went to WhoIs and did a search on the URL and found out that Myacen is registered to Robert. I also had been noticing that every email I sent to Myacen was answered by Robert. I've sent many emails to Sales and Support and they all were answered by Robert. So, that tells me that Myacen is a one man operation.

This isn't necessarily bad. I just think that poor Robert is overworked, and when the servers went down that added to his workload. I think he's trying to do too much by himself, and needs to get some help.

I was feeling so good and confident about my decision to choose Myacen when I signed up, and I've lost that confidence. I should have done some more checking around, but there were some things that I didn't know--that I should have--to look for when picking a host. I don't want to leave Myacen, b/c at least I know what I'm dealing with now--and switching to a new host means I'll have a new set of unknown issues. But, I don't think Myacen is the best choice for me, given my limited knowledge, and their limited support docs. But, that could just be me. I have high standards, and expect certain things---especially when I'm paying--and it doesn't matter if it's $25 or $250. It was all hard earned (or hard borrowed :)).

I think Myacen is a great deal for those who are not new to web hosting and know the ins and outs of what you need to do to get a site up and running. But, for complete newbies, I would say to find a host with a complete FAQ and help guides, that will show a little TLC, and THEN go to Myacen when you don't need every little thing explained to you, LOL. Believe it or not, it makes me feel bad when I have to keep posting questions (which may be dumb to the more experienced), knowing that Robert and the other admins/moderators are already overworked.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Where would you be moving your servers too?

Last I heard they were going to get some Burst servers...
Not sure whether that plan has changed or not. :)

Originally posted by webgirly

I am hosted by Myacen, too, and I am having trouble also. I went to WhoIs and did a search on the URL and found out that Myacen is registered to Robert. I also had been noticing that every email I sent to Myacen was answered by Robert. I've sent many emails to Sales and Support and they all were answered by Robert. So, that tells me that Myacen is a one man operation.

This isn't necessarily bad. I just think that poor Robert is overworked, and when the servers went down that added to his workload. I think he's trying to do too much by himself, and needs to get some help.

I was feeling so good and confident about my decision to choose Myacen when I signed up, and I've lost that confidence. I should have done some more checking around, but there were some things that I didn't know--that I should have--to look for when picking a host. I don't want to leave Myacen, b/c at least I know what I'm dealing with now--and switching to a new host means I'll have a new set of unknown issues. But, I don't think Myacen is the best choice for me, given my limited knowledge, and their limited support docs. But, that could just be me. I have high standards, and expect certain things---especially when I'm paying--and it doesn't matter if it's $25 or $250. It was all hard earned (or hard borrowed :)).

I think Myacen is a great deal for those who are not new to web hosting and know the ins and outs of what you need to do to get a site up and running. But, for complete newbies, I would say to find a host with a complete FAQ and help guides, that will show a little TLC, and THEN go to Myacen when you don't need every little thing explained to you, LOL. Believe it or not, it makes me feel bad when I have to keep posting questions (which may be dumb to the more experienced), knowing that Robert and the other admins/moderators are already overworked.

Sales are usually handled by David, forum support by Travis and I just chip in anywhere I can. If you have read our forums, you would have found that all new documentation is coming (announced a week ago) and some big changes, which I do not wish to discuss here at this time.

Originally posted by Myacen Network

Sales are usually handled by David, forum support by Travis and I just chip in anywhere I can. If you have read our forums, you would have found that all new documentation is coming (announced a week ago) and some big changes, which I do not wish to discuss here at this time.

I have read the forums. I'm there a lot. However, there IS a lot there, so I probably just missed the notice that all new documentation is coming. Can I get the benefit of the doubt here? :p :biggrin2:

When do you plan on having the docs out? You don't have to answer that here, but I'd appreciate a heads up on which thread I can go to on the Myacen forums and find this info out. Thanks much.

Oh, will the docs be simple enough (I'm WAY past the Dick & Jane books, though, LOL) for newbies? Do you plan to test their clarity with newbies you know?

Back