• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Musical Instrument

Why quit?

Piano for 16 years, guitar for 6 years, bass for 4 years, and now I'm trying to learn the violin, but I kinda suck~

I used to play piano, but not enough room to keep one or enough money to buy one, I can't stand electronic keyboard ..... electric guitars are great, keyboards however suck --- ....

keyboards however suck --- ....
Lol~ Yeah, I know what you mean. I keep telling people that a keyboard is NOT a piano, there's a big difference. But they still insist that I play even though I keep telling them that I play piano NOT keyboards~

Drumming for about 17 years now on and off and loving it still.

What drums do you have?

I have a Pearl Forum series extended with some Export series material. Cymbals are Paiste: crash, ride, hi-hat and a splash. Just basic cheap stuff lol.

What drums do you have?

I have a Pearl Forum series extended with some Export series material. Cymbals are Paiste: crash, ride, hi-hat and a splash. Just basic cheap stuff lol.

I have a 5-piece Pearl EX Series with 2 Stagg Power Toms
Cymbals are all Sabian - 3 Crashes, Ride, Splash, China, Hats
Also have mounted Tambourine and Mounted Cowbells.

Here they are knocked down to a 4-piece. Had to do that so I could practice comfortably at home:

428103532a784392777b186823492l.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine:

drumsetse3.jpg

EDIT: Hold on let me resize it, this one is too large for forum rules.
EDIT 2: Done.

Last edited:
Nah I never liked the snare... Just couldn't make it sound the way I wanted it to. I already tried several different drumheads, damper rings, etc. It just sounded too "sharp".

I was wondering.. if you stop playing an instrument for a while.. is it easy to get back into the rhythm of it?

You can do nice things with them though, if you connect them to a computer with MIDI and know something about electronic music applications.

But then again, it's not playing piano.

That's not really what playing the piano is about is it .... that's what playing with a computer is about ....

I played Violin when I was 12-13, and Clarinet when I was 12-13, but past that I have no musical experience.

Why quit?

Piano for 16 years, guitar for 6 years, bass for 4 years, and now I'm trying to learn the violin, but I kinda suck~

You should see the guys on youtube playing eruption on violin :D

I've played keyboard for about 4 years (suck at it thought)
And guitar for 1 year (good at that)

Guitar, Did Keyboard for 6years(Primary School) Violin, Recorder, Flute, Cornet. Only really like the Guitar.

Guitar - electric and acoustic for 7 years. Im just getting into spanish acoustic music which i love ! :)

I played the piano for a year then gave up because i didnt really enjoy it (dont get me wrong, i love piano music, i just didnt love playing so much) . Im around grade 2 standard.

Back