• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Misc. Jokes

Originally posted by Todd
I'm not removing any of his jokes because they aren't meant as personal attacks but rather jokes.

This all reminds me of the debate on the Today show a few years back. For those who don't know the Today show is a morning news / talk show that is broadcasted throughout the USA on NBC and is probably broadcasted elsewhere as well.

Anyway, the debate was over an advertisement in California. The advertisement read when Alien's come they'll eat the fat ones first. Obviously it caught some attention and generated a few laughs and it was for a gym out there.

Now to me I viewed it as an absolutely great advertisement. It did what advertisements are supposed to do, catch people’s attention. On top of that it generated national attention.

However, a group (whose name I can't recall) for large citizens took outrage at it. The gym offered their members free passes to come work out in their facility but they declined.

To me it was a great advertisement that did more then I'm sure they ever expected. The person on the program who agreed with me was actually a rather large man himself and proposed the question: "Would it have been better if they said, and then they will use the skinny ones as tooth picks?" :D

I thought the whole debate was amusing and it makes you realize how society is becoming far to politically correct.

LOL! That is a great advertisement. I am overweight(well 15 pounds over), and I find that absolutely hilarious.

People take offense at anything directed towards them. What I find funny is many of these people of special interest groups for a certain aspect of political correctness will make remarks about other groups or they won't fight for other groups when remarks are made about them. They apply many double standards.

We live in a world today that can not take a joke. The only jokes that can be made are towards males, christians, blonds, amercans, and whites unless you are making a joke about your own group(ex: a black jokes about a black).

As somebody said Owen people don't like know it alls. So go away!

Todd, I don't give a rat butt what other people consider a joke or not, but this thread is considered by me as an direct attack.

So I am asking to shut the ---- up, all the people who attack me.

This clearly shows the incompetence of Todd's ability to prevent flame wars.

"As somebody said Owen people don't like know it alls. So go away!"

Then you go away. You act like you know everything. You say your belief is the future and will not even admit the other side could possibly be correct.

Plus, I will stay as long as I want to. I come and go as I please. You brought this upon yourself for acting like the immature child who is always wronged. You won't admit you are wrong previously, and you won't admit you are wrong now.

Also, tell me where I act like I know it all. I don't see how pointing out foolishness is acting like I know it all.

"Todd, I don't give a rat butt what other people consider a joke or not, but this thread is considered by me as an direct attack."

Well. People considered the crusade remark by Bush a direct attack upon Muslims. Do you consider it a direct attack?

"So I am asking to shut the ---- up, all the people who attack me."

You are attacking webdude, todd, and now me. Seems you need to follow your own advice. The only reason I am "attacking" you as you say it is because you are hypocritical, arrogant, and apply many double-standards. That in my book deserves a reply.

"This clearly shows the incompetence of Todd's ability to prevent flame wars."

With posts like your, no wonder we have so many flame wars.

Also remember. You have no right to tell people waht to do here. You are not a moderator.

I know this is going to shock you, but the world does not revolve around you.

I have to agree.

GC,

You have been a bit techty lately, I don't know if this is because you think we dont appect you as being gay or something. (I'm not anti-gay, I have gay friends) But you really have been digging into people lately, even though you put across a good argument most of the time, this time youv'e taken it to far. Youv'e now flammed about ten members on this board, including a mod and an admin naming no names. I personally think you need to take a time-out and look at what youv'e been posting. I'm probably not as respected as you, but youv'e lost alot of respect from me over these past couple-of days. I don't know if you care but I do.

Now why don't you take a little look at yourself and your general attitude to these forums.

Kind Regards,
GameCube.

Originally posted by GameCube
I have to agree.

GC,

You have been a bit techty lately, I don't know if this is because you think we dont appect you as being gay or something. (I'm not anti-gay, I have gay friends)

This has nothing to do with that... but it has all well to do with my political beliefs.

But you really have been digging into people lately, even though you put across a good argument most of the time, this time youv'e taken it to far.

I was forced in this position by others acting impudently.

Youv'e now flammed about ten members on this board, including a mod and an admin naming no names. I personally think you need to take a time-out and look at what youv'e been posting. I'm probably not as respected as you, but youv'e lost alot of respect from me over these past couple-of days. I don't know if you care but I do.

I don't care if you respect me or not, I have a right to say what I feel is necessary to defend myself, my country, and my political beliefs.

"This has nothing to do with that... but it has all well to do with my political beliefs."

Thats right. IT is because of your political beleif. :rolleyes: I am a moderate to slightly right wing, so there goes that argument.

Also, how many times have I been flamed by people here. I am a right wing in certain issues, yet I don't get flamed like you do. Could it possibly be because you flame others for not beleiving like you do. Nah, that couldn't be it. :rolleyes:

"I was forced in this position by others acting impudently."

How were you forced into this? Force means you were made to come into the situation. I see no one forcing you to come back on the boards.

"I don't care if you respect me or not, I have a right to say what I feel is necessary to defend myself, my country, and my political beliefs."

I agree you have a right to say your opinion, but you then tell people to shut up and not say jokes. Isn't that a double standard?

You do not have the right to demand what must be done on here. This isn't your message board. This isn't your server.

You can say "I don't like those jokes and please refrain from making them again". Webdude could then agree not to do such a thing, or he can continue. He has the right to make jokes about Spain if he wants to.

You are applying so many double standards, yet you continue to ignore that while people continue to point them out. You are never wrong in your eyes, no matter what you say, and that is why people get on you.

Originally posted by Owen
Also, how many times have I been flamed by people here. I am a right wing in certain issues, yet I don't get flamed like you do. Could it possibly be because you flame others for not beleiving like you do. Nah, that couldn't be it. :rolleyes:

I don't care what others believe.

I agree you have a right to say your opinion, but you then tell people to shut up and not say jokes. Isn't that a double standard?

I tell them not to say jokes. I don't say jokes about other countries. I did once but never did again.

You do not have the right to demand what must be done on here. This isn't your message board. This isn't your server.

And neither do you.

You can say "I don't like those jokes and please refrain from making them again". Webdude could then agree not to do such a thing, or he can continue. He has the right to make jokes about Spain if he wants to.

And he has a right to be wrong and xenophobic for all I care. If it weren't for my country, the US wouldn't even exist.

You are applying so many double standards, yet you continue to ignore that while people continue to point them out. You are never wrong in your eyes, no matter what you say, and that is why people get on you.

You are applying double standards, not me.

-sob- -sob- This will never end :)

Talking about this "double standard" craps.. It is quite popular in my country recently..

"I don't care what others believe."

I am just proving to you it is not because of your political belief.

"I tell them not to say jokes. I don't say jokes about other countries. I did once but never did again."

You tell them not to say jokes, and then when they don't do as you say, you flame them.

"And neither do you."

Please tell me where I am making demands. I am pointing out the truth, but that isn't making demands. If I make any demands, it is just applying your logic.

And he has a right to be wrong and xenophobic for all I care. If it weren't for my country, the US wouldn't even exist."

Actually, that was France that helped the US out the most. IT wasn't the Spanish. Any help they offered, if any, was negligible compared to the French help.

"You are applying double standards, not me."

Tell me where I am applying double standards? I am not saying you do this and I do not follow it. Please point out where I am applying double standards. If I did so, I will admit it(unlike you).

Or are you trying to save as much face as you can by lying now?

Originally posted by Giancarlo
This thread is being boycotted. This message will repeat everytime a post is added, until this thread is closed.

I've already reported thread.

This thread is being boycotted. This message will repeat everytime a post is added, until this thread is closed.

Thats your choice. However, you choose not admit the facts by leaving this thread. Then again, when have you every admitted anything that goes against anything you say?

BTW, didn't you say you were going to leave the thread before?

Originally posted by Owen

Thats your choice. However, you choose not admit the facts by leaving this thread. Then again, when have you every admitted anything that goes against anything you say?

BTW, didn't you say you were going to leave the thread before?

Every heard the following comment ??

LET IT REST

Please apply this , well everyone has the freedom of speech .. this does not include the right to remove anyone or devalue another persons freedom of speak -

Get a hint , gc said he'll stop posting to stop flame war .. you please do the same - if you agree to stop flame war DO NOT REPLY , otherwise you agree to flame wars - and thusforth agree to any futher actions taken as a result of your actions.

GC - this is just childish , what makes you so special that gives you more rights than the standard forum user

Answer : your have none , so stick to the rules or take it up with Peo , please do not post that spam again.

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

Every heard the following comment ??

LET IT REST

Please apply this , well everyone has the freedom of speech .. this does not include the right to remove anyone or devalue another persons freedom of speak -

Get a hint , gc said he'll stop posting to stop flame war .. you please do the same - if you agree to stop flame war DO NOT REPLY , otherwise you agree to flame wars - and thusforth agree to any futher actions taken as a result of your actions.

Cdude. He hasn't agreed to anything. He is "boycotting" the thread because he is angry people are not believing his every word.

That said, if he doesn't make another demand like he did or doesn't continue to act his arrogant way, I will leave him alone.

You thought I was out to get GC from the beginning. That is incorrect. I was not out to get anyone, because if you look at the thread I started, I was directing the message to many people, GC being one of them. GC continued to say it wasn't true, so I told him why it was, and he kept backing out and trying to change the subject.

Also, show me where I am devaluing his freedom of speech? Pointing out something is not devaluing it. If you are going to say "I am a know it all" or I am devaluing his freedom of speech, please tell me how I am doing so. Please don't throw accusations around hoping that you will shut someone up.

Note- I have no flamed GC once. I have not called him an idiot. I have not directing a curse word towards him. If I am "flaming", it is becasue I am pointing out how he is wrong.

Last edited:
Giancarlo, what is perceived as a personal attack and what really is a personal attack is different.

Agreed, repeating a message such as that will get you no where and if I must I will delete it every time posted. It's equal to spam in my book because no one likes it and it doesn't benefit anyone.

I don't want to lock this thread because it's original topic doesn't deserve it so if you want the topic to disappear I suggest not posting at all and it will fade away.

Back